Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only 1 complaint on my '21 3500....the NAV is unbelievably inaccurate

roegs

Reaction score
Title says it all...I've had OEM NAV systems in all my cars for many years. RAM takes the cake with this one. Speed limits are incorrect on many streets and today navigation took me on a 16 mile joy ride. Rather than have me exit off the freeway closest to my destination, it had me go to the next exit (8 miles away), do a U turn and come back. Shame on the QA person that allowed this system / version to be released to RAM customers.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Check your settings. I had the Nav system in a car that kept having me get off the freeway at a exit, then get right back on.
Looked at my settings and it was on shortest distance.
Apparently it was a shorter distance to take the exit than stay on the freeway. :rolleyes:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
On board NAV is a joke... I think I tried to use it once on the 2019 1500 I traded, I haven't even bothered using it on the 2500.

WAZE is data hog (unless that's changed recently).. I only use it in town where it really shines for user generated, real time information... otherwise AA.

dm6

Reaction score
I like that the onboard NAV will show you turns and stuff on the EVIC, but for the few times I have used it, it did take me on a questionable route a couple of times. Maybe I need to dig into the settings.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I think the 2022s will be using TomTom instead of Garmin. Basing that on what I have read about UC5. Hoping it's a little better, but I only plan on using it when in an area with no signal.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I think the 2022s will be using TomTom instead of Garmin. Basing that on what I have read about UC5. Hoping it's a little better, but I only plan on using it when in an area with no signal.

With AA you can download maps for offline use...

Users who are viewing this thread