Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One less mod needed

rdz418

Reaction score
If this was already posted, I apologize, I didn't see it anywhere. Just got my new Power Wagon and was impressed to see that RAM had changed the air intake. It's pretty close to a RamAir system. So, for those of you that usually do a CAI, you can save some bucks.264

smuiradise

Reaction score
So looks like this was posted awhile ago but I’ve been trying to research and find any numbers from Ram regarding the intake change and what if any airflow improvements there are. No luck. But S&B is coming out with their CAI on Friday and it looks pretty slick but no idea on whether it is actually worth it.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Depends.. this guy's videos are pretty good... looks like 4K and below, you lose a chunk but gain a bit in the 4-6K rpm range.

smuiradise

Reaction score
Hmmm that’s pretty interesting. Might be beneficial if towing a lot then but probably not otherwise. Thanks for the vid.

Users who are viewing this thread