Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishnerd’s Build Thread

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It’s WAY harder in any uncomfortable position lol looks good tho!
Oh yea thats NEVER fun especially overhead when you have to be directly underneath due to the location! But when it burns in perfect and pretty it makes it all worth it!

Attachments

• 54887EEA-DB00-4F9D-8902-B46E597DFF3D.jpeg
    54887EEA-DB00-4F9D-8902-B46E597DFF3D.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 48

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Wow!!! I want to get to that level! That looks awesome, mine just look like blobs haha…i need to keep practicing..
I have burned thousands of pounds of wire, dont expect to get great overnight it takes practice. And prep and cleaning is key!

Your welds are not bad i have seen far worse from licensed welders.

You have some really great attention to detail with your build, i look forward to seeing what you do next

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Been awhile since I posted anything, but figured the latest “mod” could potentially help some folks. I havent been driving the truck much and the recent cold weather seems to have zapped the battery. Figured it was time to put it on a trickle charger.

Initial plan was to run a sae cable from the battery to the rear of the truck, but after some testing I found that the trailer 7 pin was constant hot. So i built the an adapter to be able to maintain the batt using the existing wiring…

IMG_9237.jpeg
IMG_9245.jpeg
IMG_9243.jpeg
IMG_9244.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Been awhile since I posted anything, but figured the latest “mod” could potentially help some folks. I havent been driving the truck much and the recent cold weather seems to have zapped the battery. Figured it was time to put it on a trickle charger.

Initial plan was to run a sae cable from the battery to the rear of the truck, but after some testing I found that the trailer 7 pin was constant hot. So i built the an adapter to be able to maintain the batt using the existing wiring…

View attachment 68396
View attachment 68397
View attachment 68398
View attachment 68399
I mentioned this a while back in a thread about charging batteries it works quite well and these days pretty much universal as most vehicles have a 7 pin other than small sedans

What brand is that 7 pin? I have never seen one with an anti strain like that before

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I mentioned this a while back in a thread about charging batteries it works quite well and these days pretty much universal as most vehicles have a 7 pin other than small sedans

What brand is that 7 pin? I have never seen one with an anti strain like that before
Oh man wish i had saw that post it would have saved me the testing , but glad I arrived at the same place, if you dont mind can you please reply with link? By “anti strain” i assume you are referring to the yellow? If so, its actually built up (layered) heat shrink. It allowed for complete sealing and visibility so I remember to unplug before driving off.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Oh man wish i had saw that post it would have saved me the testing , but glad I arrived at the same place, if you dont mind can you please reply with link? By “anti strain” i assume you are referring to the yellow? If so, its actually built up (layered) heat shrink. It allowed for complete sealing and visibility so I remember to unplug before driving off.
The part that holds the wire in the 7pin

Metternacht

Reaction score
"The part that holds the wire in the 7pin"

isn't that just a cable gland , waterproof wire pass through?

Users who are viewing this thread