Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old issue but still relevant. Beware!!!

LRJ

Reaction score
OLD SUBJECT BUT STILL RELEVANT

It’s amazing to me that Ram has not started a major recall for the issues customers CONTINUE to have with their 12 screens. Beginning in 2019, Rams have been dealing with frozen screens, screens going black, and reverse camera not working. I don’t see how anyone would purchase a Ram with this issue hanging over their head. I love how my Ram drives but that screen issue is MAJOR. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER RAM AGAIN. I wish there was a lawyer on this forum that would take up a class action suit. We paid too much money for these vehicles.

P.S. If you have a 2023 Ram, YOU TOO WILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AT SOME POINT.

jadmt

Reaction score
recalls are safety generated. I guess if your backup camera is not working that could be considered a safety issue being back up cameras have been mandatory since like 2018. keep reporting to NHSTA

bbritt18

Reaction score
My camera works about 5% of the time. Now my AC jumps up to 76 degrees and cuts the fan off. You have to restart the truck to get it to work again.

Reactions: LRJ

LRJ

Reaction score
My camera works about 5% of the time. Now my AC jumps up to 76 degrees and cuts the fan off. You have to restart the truck to get it to work again.
That’s crazy!!!! Spend too much money for that.

jebruns

Reaction score
It's not just Ram. The uConnect 5 system in my wife's 21 Pacifica has been problematic too. They just replaced it. Hoping this one is better.

I've been lucky on my 22 12" system. Been pretty solid so far.

LRJ

Reaction score
recalls are safety generated. I guess if your backup camera is not working that could be considered a safety issue being back up cameras have been mandatory since like 2018. keep reporting to NHSTA
Thank you. I just sent a report to NHSTA.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
You can always contact a lemon lawyer and try to get RAM to buy it back under the lemon law.

Been there, done that with a Pontiac.

While my '21 RAM has not been perfect. I've only had minor issues that didn't really bother me.

And the few times the back up camera went blank, I just turned my head and looked behind me like I did when we didn't have cameras and alarms.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
No machine is perfect. Have you had the dealer try and replace the system or try and diag it?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

It’s amazing to me that Ram has not started a major recall for the issues customers CONTINUE to have with their 12 screens. Beginning in 2019, Rams have been dealing with frozen screens, screens going black, and reverse camera not working. I don’t see how anyone would purchase a Ram with this issue hanging over their head. I love how my Ram drives but that screen issue is MAJOR. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER RAM AGAIN. I wish there was a lawyer on this forum that would take up a class action suit. We paid too much money for these vehicles.

Never had a single issue with mine.

mountainears

Reaction score
No issues. Not sure how you’re judging how major of an issue this is too, by people reporting it in forums? People only post the bad, you’ll never hear from the thousands that aren’t having issues.

What have you had done to date to try and fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
At first glance I thought the big screen would be cool….hate it now, they packed too much into it afaic. It has a mind of it’s own, never does the same thing twice. It’s far worse with a phone hooked to it, so I never. She does and it drives me nuts.

techman

Reaction score
8 months....7k miles...working fine. I think I had one unplanned reboot.

jebruns

Reaction score
At first glance I thought the big screen would be cool….hate it now, they packed too much into it afaic. It has a mind of it’s own, never does the same thing twice. It’s far worse with a phone hooked to it, so I never. She does and it drives me nuts.
uConnect 4 or uConnect 5?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
30k and no issues so far, make sure it automatically updates.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score

It’s frustrating for sure, but I’m not sure it’s a safety issue per se. A car manufacturer won’t issue a recall otherwise.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the Uconnect 5. While it works at least 80+% of the time - which is sort of ok, it sucks when you expect 100% - which I do given how much I shelled out for it. Naturally, the 20% of the time it fails or does something I don’t expect, it’s at the worst possible time. Screen goes black, won’t turn on, never starts on the page/view I want it to, have lost camera views, and so forth.

I even called my dealer once when I got some weird message I didn’t understand associated with something very specific I remembered doing - and his response was, “that’s Uconnect”. It is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread