Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM projector headlights any good?

QCHunter

Reaction score
I currently have the OEM halogens in my 21’ Bighorn. I would like to have the LED style running lights and better headlights for driving. I found some used OEM projectors with the LED running lights and was curious if these would be a good option?

The pair I found are reportedly buring out the passenger side bulb every 2-3 months? Is this a common problem with these or maybe a defective headlamp?

jetrinka

Reaction score
Its dark out where I live at night. So much so that I've upgraded the lighting on every vehicle I've had up until my Ram. This truck has the LED projector headlights and fog lights and the lighting is insane. I love it.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the oem reflector led housings are fantastic. these and halogens are both 12pin, and alfaobd can update bcm settings. it's a worthy swap.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I currently have the OEM halogens in my 21’ Bighorn. I would like to have the LED style running lights and better headlights for driving. I found some used OEM projectors with the LED running lights and was curious if these would be a good option?

The pair I found are reportedly buring out the passenger side bulb every 2-3 months? Is this a common problem with these or maybe a defective headlamp?
The OEM projectors don't have any bulbs to burn out. If they have a bulb then they're not OEM.

Redfour5

Reaction score
The OEM projectors don't have any bulbs to burn out. If they have a bulb then they're not OEM.
The Halogens should NOT be even a choice especially a "forced" one on basic units... They are dangerous in comparison. The premium light package on those with Halogens as part of the base package would be a requirement...

jsalbre

Reaction score
The Halogens should NOT be even a choice especially a "forced" one on basic units... They are dangerous in comparison. The premium light package on those with Halogens as part of the base package would be a requirement...
I'm not sure why you quoted my post, but I don't disagree with you there.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would not go that far. My halogens are miles better than any other ram truck i have owned they are not that bad really as far as safety goes they are plenty safe…

Users who are viewing this thread