Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM factory rock sliders

jeffawats

Reaction score
Just picked a set of these up for $300 and also missing the "nuts" did hold them up to the truck and they look awesome very low profile.Never liked the look of steps

LF_PW

Reaction score
Anyone know if these will fit on a 2016 Power Wagon?

Soapy

Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but I put some NFAB rock sliders on mine that have optional steps that can be unbolted and removed. They bolt up to the body and pinch welds. Not as strong as a true rock slider but should do the trick for most.

Attachments

• IMG_7095.JPG
    IMG_7095.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 76

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but I put some NFAB rock sliders on mine that have optional steps that can be unbolted and removed. They bolt up to the body and pinch welds. Not as strong as a true rock slider but should do the trick for most.
I put these same steps on my truck. They are really nice for getting in and out. It's cool you can remove the low hanging step in just a few minutes so it's unlikely to get hung up on anything. The bar for the slider is plenty strong, but the mounting system would crumple like tissue paper if the weight of the truck came down hard on it.

RHINO69

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of these rock rails (for $40) and also have to install the rivnuts.

When to Ram. They charged me $5.78 per rivnut (X12). I asked if they had a mounting kit and they said no. Now I am seeing that part number posted on the previous page of this thread and wondering how it’s half the price and includes so much more. And specifically the little tool to crush them??

Looks like I’ll be heading back to return these and hopefully picking up that kit.

Hegear

Reaction score
Just crushed one of the Orem rock sliders. Very disappointed. Touched a rock very slowly then proceeded forward, slider crushed so much I couldn’t open either door. There is no way you could pivot on these like you could on the stock rubicon sliders.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Just crushed one of the Orem rock sliders. Very disappointed. Touched a rock very slowly then proceeded forward, slider crushed so much I couldn’t open either door. There is no way you could pivot on these like you could on the stock rubicon sliders.

My buddy put some Rhino steps on his new TRX and thinks they will offer some protection….if he does what we have typically done he will be sorry.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
because they aren't rock sliders, just steps.

Soapy

Reaction score
Talking of rock sliders I have wondered why no one makes some that also use the factory cab mounting points. I have a 2012 GMC that uses the cab mount for the step/sliders and they have held up very well as a rock slider.

VanMeatsauce

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these will fit on all 2500/3500 models or only the Crew Cabs? I have a set that came off my PW, trying to figure out if these will fit on a Mega Cab so I can sell them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread