Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oct 2, 2022 TSB 08-155-21 for Uconnect 5 Nav - 12” / 8.4”

mkresser

Reaction score
(More info to follow. Just wanted to get this out there quickly)

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting the software level and updating the software if needed. The
software will be updated from S21.8 to S21B.5.
MODELS:
2022 (DJ) RAM 2500 Pickup
2022 (D2) RAM 3500 Pickup
2022 (DD) RAM 3500 Cab Chassis
2022 (DF) RAM 3500 <10K Cab Chassis
2022 (DP) RAM 4500/5500 Cab Chassis
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North
America and EMEA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies vehicles built on or before October 01, 2021 (MDH 1001XX)
equipped with One of the following radios:
• Uconnect 5 Nav W 8.4” Display (Sales Codes UBL, UEL, UPL or UFL).
• Uconnect 5 Nav W 12” Display (Sales Codes UBQ, UEQ, UPQ or UFQ).

mkresser

Reaction score
Interesting. The TSB says it requires a flash drive for the install and a file from Dealer Connect. Those updates are usually not OTA

I even called Regional Uconnect folks and still had to go to a dealer!

mkresser

Reaction score

Attachments

• UCONNECTUPDATE.jpg
    UCONNECTUPDATE.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

snayte

Reaction score
THAT'S IT. That's what mine said after a flash at the dealer.

Don't make fun of my "Men At Work" musical selection!!
No criticism of you music choices. The 80's were great.

snayte

Reaction score
I also got the update to 21B.5. But, I didn't realize what had happened. I noticed it because my home screen changed and I had to reset some layout and shortcuts. How'd you know you got it on 10/14?
I saw the prompt come up on the screen just as I was parking to go into Fleet Farm. When I came out the update was complete.

agtcovert

Reaction score
I also got the update to 21B.5. But, I didn't realize what had happened. I noticed it because my home screen changed and I had to reset some layout and shortcuts. How'd you know you got it on 10/14?
I checked mine after delivery and dealer updated as I requested. I never got black screens, but it's buggy AF. I would try to have Waze + Spotify running travelling home and it would crash every 20 or so minutes on me. Wireless carplay connection, didn't try a cable. There's clearly more kinks to work out.

Last edited:

dillonybarbo

Reaction score
mine is getting the update at the dealer today. before the update my radio was super glitchy.

snayte

Reaction score
mine is getting the update at the dealer today. before the update my radio was super glitchy.
I did not have any problems with the radio, I was hoping the update would add the current gear to the EVIC but oh well.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I did not have any problems with the radio, I was hoping the update would add the current gear to the EVIC but oh well.
That setting is in the BCM, not the radio. You can enable it with AlfaOBD.

snayte

Reaction score
That setting is in the BCM, not the radio. You can enable it with AlfaOBD.
Thanks Jimmy.
Yeah I know that and I know this has been beaten to death; but I should not have to buy and install a hack to get a feature that should according to the owners manual be available on the vehicle from the factory. @RamCares thought this update would fix the issue. As I expected it didn't now they want me to take it to the dealer as if they can do anything about it.
Is it too much to expect them to put out a fix for this? The ~ $100 for alfa and everything to get it to work is just not worth it to me for this one feature. I really have no other use for it.

Sorry to whine but I genuinely thought that since it was in the manual it would be on the vehicle. My '19 Wrangler Sahara has it for cripes sake and I will never tow with that but I have it enabled because I like to be aware of what the various systems are doing.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy.
Yeah I know that and I know this has been beaten to death; but I should not have to buy and install a hack to get a feature that should according to the owners manual be available on the vehicle from the factory. @RamCares thought this update would fix the issue. As I expected it didn't now they want me to take it to the dealer as if they can do anything about it.
Is it too much to expect them to put out a fix for this? The ~ $100 for alfa and everything to get it to work is just not worth it to me for this one feature. I really have no other use for it.

Sorry to whine but I genuinely thought that since it was in the manual it would be on the vehicle. My '19 Wrangler Sahara has it for cripes sake and I will never tow with that but I have it enabled because I like to be aware of what the various systems are doing.
Probably aware, but if you use the manual selector and put it in the highest gear, it’ll show the gear. Not the best solution, but works in a pinch.

TxRam

Reaction score
I have a '22 with 8.4" screen without Nav. My presets randomly disappear, my phone randomly disconnects (blue tooth and plugged in), XM channels get removed, and a few other odd things happen. Does this flash apply to non-Nav systems as well?

mkresser

Reaction score
Hey TxRam - I believe the update above does apply to the 8.4 non-nav, but you would have to check the sales codes against your build sheet to be certain.

BUT....there have been additional updates since that TSB was published back in October. I know I have received at least 2 since then.

I have bluetooth connection weirdness sometimes if my phone battery is low and/or in power saver mode. That could be an iPhone setting.

Also, whenever there is an OTA (Over the Air) update sent to your radio, it will temporarily delete or move your icons around, but after a day or so everything seems to come back. No idea why that happens!

TxRam

Reaction score
Thank you mkresser! I have an appt with the dealer tomorrow to let them push whatever is needed. If nothing is available, at least it'll be in the system as a problem that maybe a future update will fix.

Users who are viewing this thread