Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NV5600 Swap

ylwrseoftx

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but has anyone done a swap from a 47RFE to a NV5600 (4x4) and have a good source for the transmission? Or does anyone just know a decent source for them? (Or have a parts truck for sale?! ) Most everyone I have called on it has a "mandatory core needed" which we obviously can't do

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but has anyone done a swap from a 47RFE to a NV5600 (4x4) and have a good source for the transmission? Or does anyone just know a decent source for them? (Or have a parts truck for sale?! ) Most everyone I have called on it has a "mandatory core needed" which we obviously can't do
I have done the swap but i just bought an NV5600 truck for the parts. There are some wreckers who used to sell a kit for the swap by pulling all the need parts off the NV4500/5600 trucks idk if they are still doing that

Here is a 4500 if you are not towing heavy these are good trans aswell the only difference is the 3-4 shift the 6 speed has a gear in between the them unless they will sell you the kit no trans then you may have to source a new 5600 and loose out on the core charge.

arx237

Reaction score
Try highgear llc. They may outright sell one to you. When my jeep exploded they were very well priced, good friendly comms and fast shipping. New one has had zero issues and 70k or so. I called direct instead of their ebay store because what I needed wasnt listed at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread