Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a Power Wagon

Sam 15

Reaction score
If I remember right, the balloon tires are the suspension on those...no shocks. People use to run over their own foot because they would take their foot off the foot peg when turning because of the sway. Looks like that bar at the foot peg may help to keep running over the foot. Have fun with it.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Nice Honda! Been on the hunt for a big red and a FatCat for a few years now.

Be careful tho, that trailer and ATV are pretty much at the limit for Powerwagon towing! JK

Attachments

• Honda-Fat-Cat-Right-Side-1.jpg
    Honda-Fat-Cat-Right-Side-1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 5

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
First trip out to the dunes with my cousin back in 1980 and he put me on one and said lets go. hell of a learning experience.

A buddy of mine raced and finished the Baja 1000 on a 3 wheeler. Now that's a STUD.

Alligator John

Reaction score
That bar and the leg guard are both old aftermarket items. They make it difficult to put a foot on the ground. This one is a 1984 ATC200ES shaft drive with reverse. I paid 750 bucks for it with the front shocks lacking seals and full of rust and water. I cleaned out and treated the rust, then filled them with silicone so they are fixed and sealed from water. There are no parts available anymore to service them and they did not have enough travel to really do anything anyway. So it was an inexpensive repair that should last the life of the trike.

Alligator John

Reaction score
First trip out to the dunes with my cousin back in 1980 and he put me on one and said lets go. hell of a learning experience.

A buddy of mine raced and finished the Baja 1000 on a 3 wheeler. Now that's a STUD.
Anyone who raced a 3 wheeler is a bad ***. This is my third one. I flat out destroyed the others when I was younger by not taking care of them and how I rode them. This one is just to get from point A to point B and back when hunting so I am taking it easy on it and taking care of it. I have two hunting leases. One in West Texas and one in East Texas.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Well I learned something this morning. Looks like My three wheeler may fit in the bed of the power wagon despite having ramboxes. The honda is on my hog hunting place in east Texas so I can't measure it, but the specs show it to have an overall width of 42.1" and overall length of 72.8". That should fit even with the factory spray in bedliner. I can lift the tires over the tiedowns if I need to and make a couple sheets of something thin to keep the tires from rubbing on the sides of the bed.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Is the rambox bed the same interior dimensions on the 1500 and 2500?

Alligator John

Reaction score
I think so. I know they are both advertised as 48.1" wide and able to hold a sheet of plywood.

flan

Reaction score
It's true that balloon tires were often utilized as a form of suspension in certain vehicles. In the past, riders would occasionally run over their own feet due to the swaying motion while turning and the absence of shocks. However, it seems that the introduction of the bar at the foot peg has brought about a solution to this predicament. It's always fascinating to witness how innovations and improvements in technology can enhance our overall experience.
Sounds like my old Honda 3 wheeler lol. 2psi to absorb the bumps...

Users who are viewing this thread