Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available /Sold - 4 Brand New Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T Tires 305/70 R18LT (35x12.5 R18) - Northern Virginia/Harpers Ferry WV Area

MacDuff

Reaction score
I have 4 brand new Mickey Thompsons that didn't quite fit on my truck without fender mods. Mounted tires on wheels, put 1 assembly on the truck to check fitment... No go.
Many curse words later, my loss is your gain, paid over $1600 a week ago... ugh...
Anyway, will let go for $1200, I am in Harpers Ferry, WV but work in Tysons Corner VA and can bring down to that area.
Prefer not to ship, but might be an option if you pay.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A-T  305-70 R18LT 1.jpg
    Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A-T 305-70 R18LT 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A-T  305-70 R18LT 2.jpg
    Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A-T 305-70 R18LT 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A-T  305-70 R18LT 3.jpg
    Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A-T 305-70 R18LT 3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
What truck did you try to fit them on? Factory rims or aftermarket? If aftermarket rims, width and offeset?

I don't need them, but this info may help the next buyer. I have 35's on my Power wagon on stock rims and have tons of room.

MacDuff

Reaction score
What truck did you try to fit them on? Factory rims or aftermarket? If aftermarket rims, width and offeset?

I don't need them, but this info may help the next buyer. I have 35's on my Power wagon on stock rims and have tons of room.
I tried mounting them on a 2022 Ram 2500 Limited, no lift. Wheels are Raceline 18x9 +18 offset. They hit the small plastic trim piece at the bottom rear of the fenderwell and the rear wheel liner firmly. It wouldn't have been drivable.
Mickey Thompson lists these as an equivalent to 35x12.5 18. I noticed in looking at the specs on the MT site that this tire is .7 inches greater in diameter than a standard 35x12.5
I think that a standard 35x12.5 would have fit. I'll find out, as I had to order new tires.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I have BFG KO2's in 35. Once they are on the truck and have weight on them at normal pressure, 40 PSI, they measure out at 33.5"

So I'd say the MT's probably measure out at 34" when loaded under the trucks weight.

The rubbing may be caused by the offset of the rim. I'm assuming where they rub is when they are turned fully. less offset would move them in and give more clearance. More offset moves them out and less clearance when turning. ;)

MacDuff

Reaction score
I have BFG KO2's in 35. Once they are on the truck and have weight on them at normal pressure, 40 PSI, they measure out at 33.5"

So I'd say the MT's probably measure out at 34" when loaded under the trucks weight.

The rubbing may be caused by the offset of the rim. I'm assuming where they rub is when they are turned fully. less offset would move them in and give more clearance. More offset moves them out and less clearance when turning. ;)
They rub at both initial turn in to the wheel well again a little farther in as you turn. MT lists these tires at 35.3 inches, vs 34.6 for at 35x12.5 18. In my case, that made all the difference. To play it safe, I ordered 295/70 R18's to replace them.
I researched the forums pretty thoroughly and the wheel size seems to be very common. Lot's of people using 35x12.5 tires. I'm thinking the issue is, I went with the slightly larger 305/70 R18 tire size.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Hope that fixes it. Mine are a straight 35x12.50 17. I hate trying to do the conversions from metric to inch on tire sizes as metric uses a aspect ratio of the width for the sidewall height.

I just did the conversions.

Your first tire comes out to be a 34.8x12 tire and the new one you ordered is 34.25x11.6 So not a whole lot of difference1/2" narrower and 1/2" smaller. Hope that's enough.

305mm is 12.008 inches wide X 70% for the aspect ratio is 8.41. Times 2 since you have 2 sidewalls top and bottom is 16.82 plus the 18" rim is 34.8

Last edited:

MacDuff

Reaction score
Hope that fixes it. Mine are a straight 35x12.50 17. I hate trying to do the conversions from metric to inch on tire sizes as metric uses a aspect ratio of the width for the sidewall height.

I just did the conversions.

Your first tire comes out to be a 34.8x12 tire and the new one you ordered is 34.25x11.6 So not a whole lot of difference1/2" narrower and 1/2" smaller. Hope that's enough.
I agree that the difference is fairly small based on the the tire size on the sidewall. I think the issue is that the actual tire from MT is running on the larger side according to their actual specs on their website. MT isn't skimping on the rubber!
This tire (305) shows on their website as 35.3"diameter vs the same size BFG KO2 at 34.8"according to their website.
Based on actual measurements on the MT website, the new tires (295) will be 34.5" in diameter, so .8 inches less should do the trick (plus narrower).
If not, I'll just lift it and keep the 305's!
I used tiresize.com for my calculations instead of using the actual measurements from the manufacturer which was my mistake. Great website, but in this case I just cut things too close.
Appreciate you doing the math for me... wish me luck! This forum has been a great resource to be sure.

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, tires are a mess trying to figure out actual sizes.
When trying to reset my speedo with AlfaOBD when I put the 35's on, I finally figured out everything was incorrect.
So I did actual measurements of the circumference of the tire with full weight of the truck on the tire and then calculated the diameter and came up with the 33.5" Big difference from the 35 on the side wall or their advertised diameter of 34.8. I believe that 34.8 is just the tire sitting on the rim, full of air, with no weight on it. Also the tire dia will change as you change tire pressure.

jeffawats

Reaction score
I agree that the difference is fairly small based on the the tire size on the sidewall. I think the issue is that the actual tire from MT is running on the larger side according to their actual specs on their website. MT isn't skimping on the rubber!
This tire (305) shows on their website as 35.3"diameter vs the same size BFG KO2 at 34.8"according to their website.
Based on actual measurements on the MT website, the new tires (295) will be 34.5" in diameter, so .8 inches less should do the trick (plus narrower).
If not, I'll just lift it and keep the 305's!
I used tiresize.com for my calculations instead of using the actual measurements from the manufacturer which was my mistake. Great website, but in this case I just cut things too close.
Appreciate you doing the math for me... wish me luck! This forum has been a great resource to be sure.
leveling kit might solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread