Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No body side molding guards for anything but Limited's or if you get the chrome package?

BigA80

Reaction score
WHY is there no door side molding on these new trucks ? I am concerned about dumb a$$es slamming their doors into my new truck. With my old truck I had fixed running boards and other peoples doors would usually hit them before it got to my door plus it being an 02 RAM it had factory black body side moldings. My new truck will have the auto deployable running boards and it is not a limited so there is no side moldings. I think chrome ones come with Limited and with the chrome package but I got the sport package so I don't want a big chrome strip down the side. Black would be OK but would rather have body color. I found these factory color painted moldings below. They say they wont fit my 2019 RAM but if fits 2018 whats the diff? I don't trust the fits and doesn't fit thing, seems to be wrong alot of the time. They have Delmonico velvet pearl red but not sure if that's exactly the same as my Delmonio red. They look pretty good. Has anyone tried these or anything else. Please advise!

Dawn Enterprises FE2-RAM09-CC Finished End Body Side Molding Compatible with Dodge Ram

huff2462

Reaction score
Can't address the color question... But I know the cabs for the 2019 HD's remain unchanged, so it shouldn't be an issue there.

I guess absolute worst case scenario, you could have a body shop color-correct if it's not perfect.

D

Deleted member 80

I think you can deploy the powersteps to stay out via the Etch-A-Sketch???

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
When in parking lots I always deploy the running boards.... even did this on the 1500.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
I'd like to revisit this topic. Has anyone added or found any moldings that they particularly like? I like that the chrome ones that come on the limited are three pieces, but I really don't like that they are chrome. The EGR ones are ok, I guess. Just not as sharp as the factory ones.

Reaction score
I ordered the stock Mopar moldings from a 2018, and they fit perfect. Liked the wider moldings compared to the new ones on the Limited, although was going for the chrome look.

Attachments

• molding.jpg
    molding.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 66

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Look at the paint codes to find your match. I see they have my Pearl White PWH would be curious if they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread