Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Appearance Package Paint Colors

jpaeth

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I went to my local dealer in Idaho to get my new 3500 priced out. I sat down and gave them all the options I am looking for. What I am wanting for the exterior look of the truck is the Night Appearance Package, with Granite Crystal Metallic paint color. According to the features guide posted to hdrams.com (see below) this should be an available configuration. The problem is, the dealer is telling me that their build tool is only allowing them to select that package with black as the paint color.
Have any of you had this issue? Have any of you been able to build a Night Appearance truck with an exterior color besides black?
Thanks in advance!

extreemrn

Reaction score
Yep I had the same problem. Wanted the granite crystal but only the diamond black crystal paint was the only option for the build for the night appearance package at that time. It was my second choice so ordered it anyway Feb. 13th.

bobohio

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I went to my local dealer in Idaho to get my new 3500 priced out. I sat down and gave them all the options I am looking for. What I am wanting for the exterior look of the truck is the Night Appearance Package, with Granite Crystal Metallic paint color. According to the features guide posted to hdrams.com (see below) this should be an available configuration. The problem is, the dealer is telling me that their build tool is only allowing them to select that package with black as the paint color.
Have any of you had this issue? Have any of you been able to build a Night Appearance truck with an exterior color besides black?
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 114
I just ordered mine on Tuesday and was told the same thing, only color available is black..this is the second one I ordered(first dealer wanted $7000 more than anyone else..so told them to keep the truck I ordered) and both dealers told me the same...trust me I tried to get a different color since I live in Arizona, but stuck with black

underdog13

Reaction score
I emailed Ram to see if other color options will be available and if so ,when.
I will update when I hear back.
The night appearance package is only available in black. I got an answer from FCA...bummer
Thanks

Last edited:

jpaeth

Reaction score
So with what is available now, and how much I would have to build up a Laramie to get the feature I want, I made the decision to stick with the Limited trim (My current truck is a 1500 Limited). The order goes in today!

powerhaulic

Reaction score

jpaeth

Reaction score
I looked at a 2500 crew Laramie with night package this week in Orlando
What color was the exterior paint? The Black appearance is currently available. Night appearance gives you the ability to get the "blacked out" look with several other body paint color options.

powerhaulic

Reaction score
What color was the exterior paint? The Black appearance is currently available. Night appearance gives you the ability to get the "blacked out" look with several other body paint color options.
It was a black truck, black emblems wheels and grille, std Cummins. crew short box.

jpaeth

Reaction score
It was a black truck, black emblems wheels and grille, std Cummins. crew short box.
OK, then it was a Black appearance package, not a night appearance. Its a dumb difference, but right now all you can get is a Black truck, Night appearance lets you get that "sport" blacked out look with most of the exterior paint colors. That is what is for some reason being delayed .

R.J.

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up. I didn't know there was a difference between the Night and Black packages and was disappointed as I thought it was only available in black.

Definitely going to wait until the night package is available.

R.J.

Reaction score
I saw the 1500 will get the night package by Summer, but I didn't see anything in the article about the HD trucks getting it.

I'm really ready to order a truck right now, but not sure if I should continue waiting if it may not be available at all by Summer.

Users who are viewing this thread