Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Rams

Zorm

Reaction score
Just picked up a used 2022 2500 4x4, had 2100 miles on it. New to Dodge trucks, but have had company cars, Magnum, Journey and mini Van.

This truck has almost everything I was looking for (except for the green color which cant get in 2022 except for power wagon) The PO put on power side steps, bed liner, and bed lighting. Got the limited slip 4.10 geared read end and hemi power. One thing I would have liked is a cargo camera because this truck also has the 5th wheel prep group. Do any of you know if the wiring for the cargo camera (mounted in the 3rd brake light) is there in all the trucks and all I need is the camera/brake light assembly? or would I need to run the wiring all the way to the dash? This girl also has the 12" screen in the dash, didn't really want that but its there.

thanks for any info

Dr. Charles

Reaction score
New here too. I just picked up the truck with everything I wanted but cannot find green either. Haha. Settled for Patriot Blue instead. Green might be the new 2022 Ram Leprechaun model .. lol

kkerley

Reaction score
Just picked up a used 2022 2500 4x4, had 2100 miles on it. New to Dodge trucks, but have had company cars, Magnum, Journey and mini Van.

This truck has almost everything I was looking for (except for the green color which cant get in 2022 except for power wagon) The PO put on power side steps, bed liner, and bed lighting. Got the limited slip 4.10 geared read end and hemi power. One thing I would have liked is a cargo camera because this truck also has the 5th wheel prep group. Do any of you know if the wiring for the cargo camera (mounted in the 3rd brake light) is there in all the trucks and all I need is the camera/brake light assembly? or would I need to run the wiring all the way to the dash? This girl also has the 12" screen in the dash, didn't really want that but its there.

thanks for any info
Pretty sure from other posters that they had to run wiring to add the cargo camera if it were not optioned originally. Don't quote me but I think you'll have to pull the headliner and run some wires. Sorry.

Zorm

Reaction score
Thanks kkerley, not afraid to pull the head liner, just was checking. I have found two cameras, on line. Has anyone that have done this upgrade perfer a certian camera or is this option to new to get replies on. thanks again.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 would know on the wiring question, but my bet is no. You'll have to add it.

Congrats on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread