Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to me Ram 2500 with no GPS signal?

WSUcowboy

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2018 Ram 2500, the truck was originally sold in Alaska. The window sticker says that the truck has NAV but that there is no Satellite Coverage for HI/AK/PR/VI and the GPS has no signal. The truck has been in Washington State for at least a month and I have put 500 miles on it around where I live since I purchased it. The compass seems to be fine as well as all the other functions of the radio but the Uconnect website says the truck does not need an update. Is there something I can do to get the GPS to turn on? The truck only has 35k miles on it but is past the 3/yr warranty mark. I don't use it all that often but it is nice to see the maps when you are in an unfamiliar place!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Does it have the antenna on the roof? Someone my have put the nav radio in it but no antenna

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2018 Ram 2500, the truck was originally sold in Alaska. The window sticker says that the truck has NAV but that there is no Satellite Coverage for HI/AK/PR/VI and the GPS has no signal. The truck has been in Washington State for at least a month and I have put 500 miles on it around where I live since I purchased it. The compass seems to be fine as well as all the other functions of the radio but the Uconnect website says the truck does not need an update. Is there something I can do to get the GPS to turn on? The truck only has 35k miles on it but is past the 3/yr warranty mark. I don't use it all that often but it is nice to see the maps when you are in an unfamiliar place!
Hello WSUcowboy,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM if you're still experiencing this issue. We'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread