Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram owner

decelt

Reaction score
Hi! I just bought my first Ram diesel (2022 3500 Bighorn) during the end of model year closeout... a pretty good deal in this truck market. Picking it up today

After having two Powerstrokes and a Duramax I've learned a bit, but this world is new to me!

I know this is one of those questions, but I've used Stanadyne performance additive for all of my diesels because of potential pump and injection issues.

My understanding is that the CP3 pump is back in use since 2021. Thoughts on use of additives now that the old pump is back?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride and welcome.
I have no idea about your question as I have never owned a diesel. Sorry.
Lets see the new ride when you get it.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Welcome to the club…

I have used Power Serves for year, especially in the winter. also use Hot Shots Secrets

techman

Reaction score
Buy your diesel from a reputable and high volume dealer and you will be fine. No need for secret sauce.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.

I will occasionally use additives, but not frequently. I don’t think constant use is cost beneficial in the long run, but there are occasional use benefits.

If I’m planning to be in colder winter weather than the fuel was purchased in I’ll use some anti-gel.

Cetane is good for low temperature, load load, and cold weather starts. The rest of the time there isn’t much benefit. I only add it when I anticipate some slow, cold use… such as elk hunting.

I also carry emergency de-gel in the winter, just incase.

I always use Amsoil additives.

Users who are viewing this thread