Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Diesel Fuels? New Owner Recommendations

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
I won't use it in my 2020 since the manual says it voids the warranty. I doubt it would hurt it though. I did send an email to 76 letting them know they will be losing customers because of Ram warranty concerns.
Thanks! This can be so misleading..... chemically very similar..... but it is NOT similar and in my opinion "almost" is not enough lol. It either is okay to use or it is NOT okay to use.

@Brewbud my manual is kinda of generic (See below). None of this mentions "Renewable Diesel"?

1638990728616.png

Per 76:

1638990395804.png

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Thanks! This can be so misleading..... chemically very similar..... but it is NOT similar and in my opinion "almost" is not enough lol. It either is okay to use or it is NOT okay to use.

@Brewbud my manual is kinda of generic (See below). None of this mentions "Renewable Diesel"?

View attachment 27544

Per 76:

View attachment 27538

The 2020 manual is not as generic as your 22 manual with regards to Biodiesel. It says you shouldn't use over B5 unless your truck is configured to use B20. And anything over B20 will void your warranty. They also mention your service interval should be shortened if you use biodiesel. With having a CP4.2 in my truck I will not play warranty roulette with fuel.

Partial copy from manual:

Biodiesel fuel has inherent
limitations which require that you understand
and adhere to the following requirements if you
use blends of biodiesel greater then 5% but not
greater than 20% (B6-B20). There are no
unique restrictions for the use of B5. Use of
blends greater than 20% is not approved. Use of
blends greater than 20% can result in engine
damage. Such damage is not covered by the
New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Some more discussion here. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ed-to-a-biodiesel-blend-greater-than-20.7266/

luke42179

Reaction score

View attachment 27544

Per 76:

View attachment 27538

That’s my question too: is “renewable diesel” as good as diesel #2, as it is advertised? No mention in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
That’s my question too: is “renewable diesel” as good as diesel #2, as it is advertised? No mention in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my response from 76 Customer service:

As a follow up to your question regarding to compatibility of renewable diesel with #2 diesel, renewable diesel is 100% compatible with diesels available in the market place. In fact, it is the highest quality fuel that you can run in a Diesel engine. I hope this answers your questions or any concerns that you might have.

Regards,
Barry Duffin
Fuel Quality Director
Phillips 66

Users who are viewing this thread