Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 22 2500 ordered!

kevin588127

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 22 2500 CC SB Big Horn. Started looking back in December and wish I would have ordered then. At present time, lots of options are unavailable and prices have increased. Started looking at a moderately optioned Tradesman but eventually ended up with a mid optioned Big Horn. Got everything I needed except power folding tow mirrors. Dealer is saying 25-30 weeks. I am coming from a 2014 tradesman 1500 CC SB that has given me 71K of reliable service. 12k of that has been towing and much of it at max capacity. Hoping that the new truck is as good as that one and looking forward to learning and contributing here.

dlakeman

Reaction score
Searched Las Vegas dealers last October. Found two 2021 RAM 2500's at $8-10K over sticker price. Became aware of Dave Smith Motors. Went on their website. I had a dozen 2500's from which to choose. The one I picked was on its way from the factory. In a week I had my new 2022 RAM 2500 at less than sticker price. I chose to go to Dave Smith to pick up my truck, however they would have shipped it to me. They are the largest RAM dealer in the world. Call Clink Greytek. Currently there are 157 RAM's on their website.

Sims41

Reaction score
Searched Las Vegas dealers last October. Found two 2021 RAM 2500's at $8-10K over sticker price. Became aware of Dave Smith Motors. Went on their website. I had a dozen 2500's from which to choose. The one I picked was on its way from the factory. In a week I had my new 2022 RAM 2500 at less than sticker price. I chose to go to Dave Smith to pick up my truck, however they would have shipped it to me. They are the largest RAM dealer in the world. Call Clink Greytek. Currently there are 157 RAM's on their

Sims41

Reaction score
My last 2 rams were from Dave Smith.
I live about 50 miles from Kellogg. That's there home base.
This time I got quotes from 2 other dealers in this area and beat the Dave Smith quote by almost $5,000.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I ended up ordering from mark dodge and got roughly 10 percent off of MSRP. I searched nationally and couldn't find anything optioned how I wanted. Major wants were 4.10 gears, ram box, digital tow mirror and vinyl floors. Since I was ordering I did the led headlights and level c package as well.

Sims41

Reaction score
I ended up ordering from mark dodge and got roughly 10 percent off of MSRP. I searched nationally and couldn't find anything optioned how I wanted. Major wants were 4.10 gears, ram box, digital tow mirror and vinyl floors. Since I was ordering I did the led headlights and level c package as well.
Sure you will be happy .
The hard part is waiting.
In the old days you got them in 4-6 weeks.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 22 2500 CC SB Big Horn. Started looking back in December and wish I would have ordered then. At present time, lots of options are unavailable and prices have increased. Started looking at a moderately optioned Tradesman but eventually ended up with a mid optioned Big Horn. Got everything I needed except power folding tow mirrors. Dealer is saying 25-30 weeks. I am coming from a 2014 tradesman 1500 CC SB that has given me 71K of reliable service. 12k of that has been towing and much of it at max capacity. Hoping that the new truck is as good as that one and looking forward to learning and contributing here.

Congratulations on the order. I’m in a similar boat. Currently driving a 2014 1500 CCSB Tradesman with EcoDiesel. Almost 160k on the clock. (GDE tune has been a godsend).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sims41

Reaction score
I ordered mine Oct 5th. Called dealer and was told my truck was made Dec 10th. Last Monday got a call from my dealer and was given my Vin #.
I called Chrysler today
866 726 4636. Was told it was on the rails and that I would be getting an email in a couple days giving me more info.
Good luck on getting yours made and delivered.

RAM Stag

Reaction score
Congrats!! Wish i could afford a new one, but am extremely happy with my 2016 2500 CC SB Big Horn I just got it December - only had 36,000 miles so basically still new. Has everything I need. Am loving it!!

Sims41

Reaction score
I have not traded since 2002. At that time I bought a 2500 slt diesel six speed.. I sold it in Sept. I paid $33,500 and in Sept sold it for $27,000. I had 131,000. It had been to almost every trailhead in Montana and Wy but was like new. I hope I like driving the automatic but I still miss my old truck.
Good luck with yours

kevin588127

Reaction score
Congrats!! Wish i could afford a new one, but am extremely happy with my 2016 2500 CC SB Big Horn I just got it December - only had 36,000 miles so basically still new. Has everything I need. Am loving it!!
This is my first new truck ever. Only way I can justify it is that my 2014 is worth more than I paid for it 7 years ago. Needed a 3/4 ton and the used market is stupid. Looked at a twin to the truck I ordered, it was a 19 with 27k on it and they wanted the same price as I'm paying for a brand new one. It sucks having to wait but I'm getting everything I want. Now to hope the used market holds up so I have an easy sale of my old rig.

Sims41

Reaction score
That's exactly why I bought new and sold my old one. Been hard to wait. Think the used market will hold awhile so you should be good. At the time I was afraid to wait.
My new one I can sell for more than I paid and I don't have it yet.

kevin588127

Reaction score
That's exactly why I bought new and sold my old one. Been hard to wait. Think the used market will hold awhile so you should be good. At the time I was afraid to wait.
My new one I can sell for more than I paid and I don't have it yet.
Yea, I got about 6k off MSRP and any truck on any lot near me is 5k over MSRP. Figured that should help ease the depreciation hit that you normally take on a new vehicle.

It was a tough decision as my current truck is a rebuilt truck. Normally I run them until they are pretty cheap. With the current shortage though, the salvage title seems less important right now. I needed to upgrade due to payload constraints so it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread