Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New '21 Delmonico Cummins - Ram newbie

Pattywagon80

Reaction score
Hello all, just pulled the trigger and purchased a 2021 Ram 2500 Night Edition in Delmonico Red Pearlcoat. My wife and I are looking to get a fifthwheel camper next year and needed a truck to do the job. Traded in my 2015 ford f150 2.7L ecoboost. That truck was not going to do the job. Very happy with my purchase. Looking forward to digging into these forums and learning a thing or two. Thanks.
Delmonico Ram.jpgDelmonico Ram 2.jpg

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Looks awesome.
I should be picking up my delmonico red 75th Power Wagon in a few weeks.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
This is one sexy truck!
Learnign a thing or two, eh?
1st thing - payload. A 2500 with Cummins will have roughly 2000lbs of payload.
2nd thing - 5th wheel trailer will roughly have 25% of trailer's weight on the hitch (tongue weight), which will make the max trailer you could tow roughly 8000lbs. This assumes you don't stuff anything else in your truck, no cargo and no passengers. 5th wheel hitches are heavy (~150lbs), add to that your and your wife's weight and the useable payload will all but disappear leaving you with the max trailer weight in the 6000lbs range...
Of course there are plenty of folks who don't care and tow around badly overweight... You could do that too and a year or two later realize that you bought not enough of a truck (or too much of a trailer), and end up upgrading the truck, or do it now if it's not too late. Or you could get a bumper pull which only has about 15% tongue weight. 2500 diesel doesn't mix well with 5er...

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Reaction score
Nice truck. Will you have to upgrade the suspension to pull a fifth wheel? What's your payload capacity?

MtnRider

Reaction score
Congrats, Beautiful truck. That Delmonico red is my favorite color, wish I would have gotten it myself.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Great looking truck. I love the Delmonico in a night edition.

Seabass4592

Reaction score
Beautiful! Love the color, wish I’d have looked a little harder for that color! I’m pretty happy with mine though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SL1

Reaction score
Pretty truck. The night look really rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread