Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 19 HD Ram Owner

Myron

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my new 19' 2500 cummins Laramie... couple questions.. Can the 1K ft. lb option be added to my truck? If so, what is it, just a tune? or is it actual hardware? Also looking to add a front bumper and light bar to the top.. looking for options.
Im also wondering if there are any hacks for upgrading or updating the 12" Uconnect to add apps to it..

Thanks,
Myron

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
hey, Myron...welcome to the forum! i'm new myself, but i can attest to just how helpful this community can be to answering your questions. good folks here. congrats on your new rig!

D

Deleted member 80

From an OEM standpoint, no there are too many hard parts different to be practical. There are plenty of tuners out there busily working on turning up the wick on these new engines, so if you choose to throw your warranty to the wind and budget for a trans build, there is plenty of potential to have fun.

These trucks work so good stock, why bother.

Myron

Reaction score
Well, I was hoping that the dealership could turn it up and not void the warranty.. I did just hear from my salesman and he said its tuned and has a different transmission to get to the 1K ft.lbs.... I just got back to Texas from Colorado on a trip towing a trailer.. It was flawless and the exhaust brake was great in the mountains..

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
The HO gets a different transfer case for one. Many different smaller things.

Still even at that it would been cheaper to just get the HO first off.

But you can not get it in a 2500, for good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread