Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naming Trailers

LamboTexas

Reaction score
On my last truck- I was able to name the trailers I tow and it would keep track of the mileage on each trailer. I tow three different trailers and this really helps my with maintenance for each trailer. Is this option available on the Uconnect 12?

geektoad

Reaction score
In the trailer settings, there is definitely a place to name the trailers, and i thought i'd seen a trailer info page like that, but i'm not as sure on that.

LamboTexas

Reaction score
In the trailer settings, there is definitely a place to name the trailers, and i thought i'd seen a trailer info page like that, but i'm not as sure on that.
I looked in the gauge cluster info screen. There is trailer settings- but all I saw was trip mileage and brake adjustments settings. Surely you can name them somewhere.

geektoad

Reaction score
I looked in the gauge cluster info screen. There is trailer settings- but all I saw was trip mileage and brake adjustments settings. Surely you can name them somewhere.

I have the 12" Uconnect and the trailer name is in Settings/Trailer Brake in the uconnect settings.

IMG_3157.jpg

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Also ok the normal display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Trailer names are in there as long as you like what the factory picked. Not customizable or expandable.
Exactly correct. But I will say the folks at Ram at least put some thought into it. All the names I needed were there:
Horse
Livestock
Utility
Flatbed

Nifty07

Reaction score
Have articulated truck license, all wheels braked, not exceeding weight ratings on RAM but not sure about length as RAM registered as car and the caravan does not have rated tow hitch. Looks fabulous and fixes the mutual exclusion between boat and caravan. Just not sure if I would get taken away by the highway patrol.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Have articulated truck license, all wheels braked, not exceeding weight ratings on RAM but not sure about length as RAM registered as car and the caravan does not have rated tow hitch. Looks fabulous and fixes the mutual exclusion between boat and caravan. Just not sure if I would get taken away by the highway patrol.

I have a custom built Class-III/IV hitch on the fifth and it's rated from the MFR to tow up to 5K. The new models starting 2020 come with a 3,500lb tow rated hitch from the factory.

I'm pushing 75' with the new truck but haven't hooked up to verify. The rig in the pic is 70' bumper-bumper with the transom hanging over a few.

I wouldn't double tow with a bumper pull, and it's not legal in as many states as fifth/gooseneck.

Users who are viewing this thread