Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery

jwhorner

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 Tradesman. I've upgraded the stereo equipment and recently just had an amplifier and processor added. It worked fine until a few weeks after install. 2 days ago I got in and the radio, HVAC, front windows, and blind spot monitoring were non-functional. Here's the interesting part the windows and radio work fine when the truck is in Accessory mode but when I turn the ignition on the radio shows the screen it does when you would typically turn the truck off, the Ram name comes up and then fades away with a line to appear like you've just turned off your truck. The radio is non-functioning then as well as the aforementioned components.

Thoughts?? What is different between Accessory and Ignition? Power from the battery under Accessory mode but where during running? I've been hunting and been on some bumpy roads, could something have come loose? I know I'll have to take it in somewhere to have diagnosed but wanted to check here first. Thanks!

J

naplesbill

Reaction score
I would have whomever installed the upgrades double check their work. There may be a bad ground or poor power connection somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwhorner

Reaction score
I've been in contact with them but I had the stereo installed in another state. Not realistic to get the truck back there. I'll take to an audio shop here in town.

naplesbill

Reaction score
I've been in contact with them but I had the stereo installed in another state. Not realistic to get the truck back there. I'll take to an audio shop here in town.

I would start there. I do my installs myself so I would be able to troubleshoot. But it requires some knowledge and experience always helps.

My inclination is that it works in ACC because there is less draw on the system. A bad ground could cause behavior like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread