Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new 2500 is being built!

take1a

Reaction score
Pretty exited to get my first Ram 2500 Tradesman. Have been driving a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman, and loved it. But, I'm getting a travel trailer, and decided its time to step up a notch or two. The 2500 I ordered has all the bells and whistles for towing. Will have cloth seats, so am looking for advice on what brands of seatcovers I should look at. I am lookng for the best bulletproof (and waterproof) covers I can get.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Pretty exited to get my first Ram 2500 Tradesman. Have been driving a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman, and loved it. But, I'm getting a travel trailer, and decided its time to step up a notch or two. The 2500 I ordered has all the bells and whistles for towing. Will have cloth seats, so am looking for advice on what brands of seatcovers I should look at. I am lookng for the best bulletproof (and waterproof) covers I can get.
Hi, I've been using Coverking ballistic nylon covers. They do an amazing job of keeping the seats clean. One important "feature" to understand is that any liquids that get spilled will run everywhere (kind of like with leather or vinyl seats). So if you have situations where a lot of heavy moisture is going to get on the seats (dogs, kids, out-of-control soda cans, etc), it helps to lay a towel on top. Kind of like a cover for the cover :)

take1a

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using Coverking ballistic nylon covers. They do an amazing job of keeping the seats clean. One important "feature" to understand is that any liquids that get spilled will run everywhere (kind of like with leather or vinyl seats). So if you have situations where a lot of heavy moisture is going to get on the seats (dogs, kids, out-of-control soda cans, etc), it helps to lay a towel on top. Kind of like a cover for the cover :)

take1a

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I will check out the brand online.

G’Dave

Reaction score
They make several options from memory - cloth, velour, faux leather, ballistic nylon, etc.
Another competitor is Covercraft.
Coverking and covercraft both offer seat covers that are “custom made” for your specific make and model, and include cutouts for airbag release, seat belts, latch, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin588127

Reaction score
I too am coming from a 2014 tradesman. Just ordered a 22 2500 big horn hemi. I towed heavy with my 1500 and it did well but I always feel like I'm abusing it when I tow 10K. I did everything I could to make the experience more pleasurable but had to cave in and upgrade to the bigger truck. As for seat covers, I had the fake leather seat covers in my 2014. I got them from truckleather.com They fit extremely well and you cant tell that they are covers. I actually prefer them to any factory leather I've ever had. I had them in my 2014 for about 6 years and 60k miles, no noticeable wear. They were a must have with kids and using my truck as a work vehicle. I got the ones that were PVC and not real leather so they required no special care. I plan to put a set in my new truck when it comes.

take1a

Reaction score
Similar story to mine. Next purchase is an approx 27 foot travel trailer camper, and didn't want to try my 1500 for that. I prefer having "more than enough" engine when towing, rather than "just enough". I know I'm likely to be in the minority on this, but I've always preferred cloth seats. So, I'll be looking for good (still waterproof) cloth seat covers. I've found some online. Wondering if others have experience with any?

Users who are viewing this thread