Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My heart hurts...

huff2462

Reaction score
I was navigating my way out of a TIGHT parking garage, inching my way out... And scraped the side on a rail.

The only upside is that all of the damage is limited to the fender flare.

Ugh...

Attachments

• 20190701_101853.jpg
    20190701_101853.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 86

Jeffmc306

Reaction score
I feel your pain! At least you were the one to put the first battle scar on it and not someone else. No worries, a good body shop can fix it good as new!

huff2462

Reaction score
I went back and looked at the garage where it happened. There's a yellow bumper (which I focused on while going around the corner) but there's a metal bracket that sticks out like 2-3" further.

What's the point of the yellow bumper!?!?

(I'm so annoyed)

Attachments

• 20190701_150058.jpg
    20190701_150058.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 52

orlando bull

Reaction score
Not sure if you have done anything with this yet, but, a good detailer may be able to polish that out? I am having my truck ceramic coated this weekend by a mobile detailer and he posted photos of an almost identical situation that he was able to fix. Look up Jerry's mobile detailing in florida on facebook. It's only a couple posts down on his page.

Sorry to see this though, I know when my first incident happens that it's going to hurt.

huff2462

Reaction score
Not sure if you have done anything with this yet, but, a good detailer may be able to polish that out? I am having my truck ceramic coated this weekend by a mobile detailer and he posted photos of an almost identical situation that he was able to fix. Look up Jerry's mobile detailing in florida on facebook. It's only a couple posts down on his page.

Sorry to see this though, I know when my first incident happens that it's going to hurt.
Yeah man... That was my original plan. But I decided since all the damage is on the flare to bring it to a body shop.

They quoted me $301 to pull the flare, sand it down, paint it, reinstall it, and then waah/wax the entire truck.

I'm scheduled to get it done July 23rd.

Users who are viewing this thread