Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Wandered over from the 5thGenRams forums.

Belatedly found out the wife would like a TT and while the GVWR is well within what the the truck will tow, payload is really close.
So, I'm here to learn about the 2500s and see if I really need to change trucks (and hopefully not get screwed in the trade) or if I can keep the 1500.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome @Gondul. Glad to have you over here.

As you may have seen me say lots of times...1500 will tow a trailer pretty much the same size as a similar Gas HD...the issue being you are not hauling anything extra in the 1500.

Same rules apply with the 2500 as do the 1500...more options...less payload.

The Cummins also takes away payload...but adds more GCWR.

And of course the Powerwagon is a completely different beast...and a fully loaded one will have less payload than a 1500.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for joining us

D

Deleted member 80

I have pulled with both, and the HD offers so much more stability, and makes it a drama free deal. Recently, I pulled a used "1/2 ton towable" toyhauler home for a buddy. I just hitched up, did a brake and light check and sailed home. He has a 1500, and has added airbags, WD hitch, sway control, etc. He is having a heck of a time getting it set up. With all due respect to 1500 owners, the difference is real.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I just hitched up, did a brake and light check and sailed home
This is exactly why I own one(well 3 currently). Going somewhere they might not have water, I can tow that. Dont want to drain the tanks...take them onto the next trip.

Need an extra pillow...pack it anywhere you want.

Now the 1500, you aren't taking water along, you will be emptying the tanks and you might have to leave the pillow at home.

And we just want more people buying the HD to have something to look at and read about.

Users who are viewing this thread