Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans $50 Over Cost @ Granger Motors

Big Tom

Reaction score
OK got my Quote, price sounds great. Hell of a jump in price between 100K and 125K miles. Should I be worried about keeping the truck that long?

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
OK got my Quote, price sounds great. Hell of a jump in price between 100K and 125K miles. Should I be worried about keeping the truck that long?
They do have actuaries that are good at their job where they realize the risk goes up in-between that mileage.

Everyone's personal experience is different, but I'm sure that is the law of averages.

Big Tom

Reaction score
They do have actuaries that are good at their job where they realize the risk goes up in-between that mileage.

Everyone's personal experience is different, but I'm sure that is the law of averages.
That's what I thought. Yeah now I'll have 100K miles on my worry list to watch for things to start to break. Thanks...

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Remember when you take home your new Ram not to overpay for extended warranty coverage, but get the genuine Mopar coverage at the best price!2500.jpg

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We've officially surpassed $500,000 saved frrom retail on these plans we've been able to sell.

Email mvp@grangermotors.com to see how much you'd save on a genuine Mopar plan versus what your dealer would charge you for a Mopar or other 3rd party contract!

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2023 3500 CTD, trying to get my head around this warranty stuff so I'll be ready to make a decision when the truck shows up. I've read that the clock starts on the Max Care warranty coverage when you take possession of the vehicle. So, if you buy a 7 year MC warranty when you take possession of the brand new truck, it really means you're only buying 4 years of bumper to bumper and only one year of powertrain if you you consider that the OEM warranty is 3 year bumper to bumper and 6 yr powertrain. Is this correct?

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just ordered a 2023 3500 CTD, trying to get my head around this warranty stuff so I'll be ready to make a decision when the truck shows up. I've read that the clock starts on the Max Care warranty coverage when you take possession of the vehicle. So, if you buy a 7 year MC warranty when you take possession of the brand new truck, it really means you're only buying 4 years of bumper to bumper and only one year of powertrain if you you consider that the OEM warranty is 3 year bumper to bumper and 6 yr powertrain. Is this correct?

Yes, the coverage starts from the moment the vehicle is put in service. That is generally how all new contract coverage is quoted.

dogbreath650

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if it would be smart to wait until closer to the 3 year mark to purchase a warranty rather than when the truck is new?

Seems like by this time you would have a good idea whether the truck is a good build or is having problems? You would also have a better idea if you were going to keep the truck for the full warranty period as your life planning could change a lot in the next 3 years. Maybe the cost at 3ys vs new would be so significant that it's worth a gamble, I don't know what the % difference is.

@JC

Reaction score
Off the top of my head I think it's a $200 increase at each 12k mile mark.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if it would be smart to wait until closer to the 3 year mark to purchase a warranty rather than when the truck is new?

Seems like by this time you would have a good idea whether the truck is a good build or is having problems? You would also have a better idea if you were going to keep the truck for the full warranty period as your life planning could change a lot in the next 3 years. Maybe the cost at 3ys vs new would be so significant that it's worth a gamble, I don't know what the % difference is.
It does get more expensive at 12 and 24k miles. There's also quarterly price increases which have been more significant as of late because of inflation to consider.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has kept us busy with quote requests! Help us get to $500,000 saved from MSRP in 2022 on a genuine Mopar Extended warranty by emailing Maria at mvp@grangermotors.com.

We will meet or beat any pricing and will be better priced than any other online offer!

Thanks for the referrals and business!

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Check out this customer's sharp Bright White 3500 Laramie that just arrived on our lot!

We are still currently offering 4% under invoice price for the Ram's, email ram@grangermotors.com for a quote today!!

We also offer amazing pricing on genuine Mopar Extended Warranties, email mvp@grangermotors.com for more information!
thumbnail_IMG_4174.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4171.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4175.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4172.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4174.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4174.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: @JC

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We have had a great start to the year, but we still get asked if we are offering this program. The answer is Yes! Please email mvp@grangermotors.com and we're happy to assist with average savings over $1500!

Users who are viewing this thread