Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans $50 Over Cost @ Granger Motors

drodegeb

Reaction score
Prices do change for plans based on current vehicle mileage, IIRC 0-12k/12-24k/24-36k are the levels with cost increasing every level up so your quote looks like it came from a sub-12k mile 2500. I confess though that I didn't and have never priced out a $200 deductible policy, did you check the same regarding $100 ded. policies? I have no dog in the fight, other than finding the best deal. The policies are seller agnostic, in that they are the same exact thing regardless of where you buy them and Granger is doing a good service here in providing another high quality vendor for these contracts at a low markup. I just found on the specific policy terms I was looking for that one vendor was lower. I found the same thing in regards to Zeigler vs Hayes (Winkles) as well when I shopped for a MaxCare for my daughter's new (to her) CPO Jeep, I ended up with a 8y/125k/$100 from Zeigler for the same price as a 7y/100k/$100 from Winkles. Not sure why Zeigler was doing better on the higher term, low deductible contracts but just wanted to pass along the info so no one paid more than they had to for these warranties.

TLDR, get multiple quotes from all the discount vendors and be sure to apply any coupons. Cheers.
It was for my Diesel 2500 Laramie that I haven't received yet, so yeah in the sub-12k.

Here are the numbers I gathered for my truck:
8yr/100k/$200
Zeigler $2,065.00 (With Payinfull discount code)
Granger $2,065.00
ChryslerWarrantyDirect $2,215.00

8yr/100k/$100
Ziegler $2350 (With Payinfull discount code)
Granger $2,515.00

As for the 100 vs 200,I figured if I never use it then I've saved around $300, and it will take 3 claims after the factory warranty wears out before I'm in the negative. So, I figured save the $300 now and risk it if I have to pay the deductibles later.

drodegeb

Reaction score
Email granger at the link in the 1st post and/or check with any of the other mentioned vendors. 7 year goes up to Unlimited mileage, 8 year goes up to 125k. Deductible choices are $0, $100 or $200 per event, prices adjust accordingly.
I believe the max # of miles depends on Hemi vs Diesel. I haven't looked at the Hemi side, but it sounds like the unlimited is only available in Hemi.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Even though I really appreciate the offer, Zeigler with payinfull is $150-250 less on every yr/mileage/deductible that I've compared so far than the $100 over cost quotes from Granger.
I'm going to do some checking then to make sure we're not missing something. I'll have to do some secret shopping to compare.

Deltron

Reaction score
I think Ziegler's online site is screwed up. I put in my '22 Challenger and the cheapest plan was $100 deductible, zero was second and the most expensive was the $200 deductible.

On my '22 dually diesel the $100 plans were within $20 of the $200 plans. I'd suggest getting a live quote before you do comparisons with Grainger.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I think Ziegler's online site is screwed up. I put in my '22 Challenger and the cheapest plan was $100 deductible, zero was second and the most expensive was the $200 deductible.

On my '22 dually diesel the $100 plans were within $20 of the $200 plans. I'd suggest getting a live quote before you do comparisons with Grainger.
There was a price update that went live on 5/3/22. I am doing some digging still, but I want to be the price leader for any service contract. If we aren't the leader PM me and I'll make sure we beat it.

Reactions: @JC

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like after the pricing online has been updated, we are the least expensive option available!

@JC

Reaction score
Looks like after the pricing online has been updated, we are the least expensive option available!
Yes, I called and spoke with Maria and they said that they held the price increase through Monday. Apparently when I compared the 2 quotes they were still selling at the old prices and you had priced in the updated cost, now it's a level playing field again. Thanks for looking in to it.

BaseBD

Reaction score
@drodegeb Was your plans for Maxcare or just the powertrain? I was looking at a 8yr for my 3500 Hemi DRW and my prices are substaintially higher. I wonder if its the DRW that does it?

For Maxcare

8yr/125K/$100 - $4985
8yr/100K/$100 - $3665

@zach@granger is there classes for these (diesel or gas, 2500 or 3500)?

Thanks

drodegeb

Reaction score
@drodegeb Was your plans for Maxcare or just the powertrain? I was looking at a 8yr for my 3500 Hemi DRW and my prices are substaintially higher. I wonder if its the DRW that does it?

For Maxcare

8yr/125K/$100 - $4985
8yr/100K/$100 - $3665

Thanks
The numbers I pulled were for MaxCare 8yr/100k/$200 for a Laramie 2500 Diesel

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

For Maxcare

8yr/125K/$100 - $4985
8yr/100K/$100 - $3665

Thanks
There is a price adjustment for a dually versus single rear wheel and gas versus Diesel as well.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
We updated our pricing to be $50 over cost on any coverage starting today 5/16/22
Signed up today. Got quotes from 4 dealers - not sure why there is such discrepancy in price but Granger was the lowest, one was only $50 above (dealer where I placed the order - that quote was down from 2X that quoted the day I took delivery - yikes!), one was about $200 above, one was $500 above and told me if I could get it for the price I was quoted I should jump on it with them - so I did!

Thanks Zach and the team at Granger!

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Signed up today. Got quotes from 4 dealers - not sure why there is such discrepancy in price but Granger was the lowest, one was only $50 above (dealer where I placed the order - that quote was down from 2X that quoted the day I took delivery - yikes!), one was about $200 above, one was $500 above and told me if I could get it for the price I was quoted I should jump on it with them - so I did!

Thanks Zach and the team at Granger!
Thank you!

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you to those who reached out in the month of May. In just the second half of the month as we got things ironed out on our end we were able to save customers almost $50,000 from in-dealership pricing on Mopar Extended Warranty plans.

We'll continue to get better with the process and really appreciate the opportunity to help this online community!

Zach

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We've seen a lot of these HD ram trucks start to come in over the last few months.

If you are NOT taking delivery from us, please shop your local dealer to save $1000+ on a service contract and get the benefits of a genuine mopar plan by emailing mvp@grangermotors.com

IowaPW

Reaction score
If anyone is contemplating doing this, I highly recommend it. A couple of emails, electronic document sign, and pay the invoice. Boom...done.

Users who are viewing this thread