Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Prepaid Oil Plan

notrascal

Reaction score
Again, a lot of words to not tell you anything. :rolleyes:

What weight oil is included with the prepaid plan.

Full synthetic costs extra normally, is that true with the plan.

I can tell it to you again, but i can't understand it for you.

ESSENTIAL CARE DIESEL SYNTHETIC (Its literally in the name)

The dealer will use the weight that FCA Recommends for YOUR climate, so either 10-30 or 5-40. Not everyone's will be the same and both are included for the price.

They may put mopar oil in it, rotella, or any other oil that meets the specs. This will depend on your dealers stock. They may use a mopar filter or any other filter that meets mopars specs.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I can tell it to you again, but i can't understand it for you.

ESSENTIAL CARE DIESEL SYNTHETIC (Its literally in the name)

The dealer will use the weight that FCA Recommends for YOUR climate, so either 10-30 or 5-40. Not everyone's will be the same and both are included for the price.

They may put mopar oil in it, rotella, or any other oil that meets the specs. This will depend on your dealers stock. They may use a mopar filter or any other filter that meets mopars specs.

You simply don’t get it, and it’s not fun anymore. You cannot answer the question I asked, stop trying. Only @occowboy can.

notrascal

Reaction score
You simply don’t get it, and it’s not fun anymore. You cannot answer the question I asked, stop trying. Only @occowboy can.

No i get it, but what he gets may not be what someone else gets....that's my point. However, they are required to use products that meet FCA requirements/specs. Unless you are going to his dealer, his answer isn't going to matter.

You asked "what oil weight is included with the plan" ?

I answered, quoted directly from the essential care website : "Each service includes the type and quantity of oil that is specifically recommended for your vehicle by FCA US LLC, as identified by your vehicle identification number (VIN). Dealers reserve the right to apply additional disposal fees."

And per the manual for 6.7 engines:

In ambient temperatures above 0°F (-18°C), we recommend using 10W-30
engine oil such as Mopar®, Shell Rotella and Shell Rimula that meets the
manufacturer Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CK-4 engine oil
category is required. Products meeting Cummins® CES 20081 may also be
used. The identification of these engine oils is typically located on the back of
the oil container.
In ambient temperatures below 0°F (-18°C), we recommend using 5W-40
synthetic engine oil such as Mopar®, Shell Rotella and Shell Rimula that
meets the manufacturer Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CK-4
engine oil category is required

You asked "Full synthetic costs extra normally, is that true with the plan."

I answered "Its in the name, Essential Care Diesel Synthetic"

Direct question and answer.
If this is what they are selling you the plan with, this is what they have to provide. Can they put 10w-30 synthetic in and be good...yep, as long as you are in a warm climate.

TLDR : Either 5w-40 or 10w-30 is included, i highly doubt your dealer would care if you requested one over the other if it meant that much to you. They buy it in drums and the service writer really isn't going to care, the dealer is going to turn around and bill Mopar anyway.

Its a discounted oil change package, to get you to have your service done at the dealer so they can up sell you products/services like overly expensive fuel filters or cabin air filters for 100 bucks. Or up sell you a new truck while you are waiting.

Not a lawyer, just someone who has been around the game a while.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a lawyer, just someone who has been around the game a while.

haha, been around but you still don’t get it.

You cannot answer the question I asked. You have not posted anything benficial to my question, or even attempted to answer it.

It’s a simple question, I asked what oil OP got. Not what oil they might use, not what the plan says, not what the owners manual says, not anything other than the very simple question of what oil they put in his truck… period, end of story, over.

I’d say quit while you are ahead, but that was before you started posting anything.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Yeah I'm curious what was put in his truck too. Can't imagine a dealer putting in synthetic even if the truck is/was up north. I'd put my money on 10W30 personally.

Really doesn't matter to me though, all BS aside, I just do my own then I know damn well what's in it.

notrascal

Reaction score
Yeah I'm curious what was put in his truck too. Can't imagine a dealer putting in synthetic even if the truck is/was up north. I'd put my money on 10W30 personally.

Really doesn't matter to me though, all BS aside, I just do my own then I know damn well what's in it.

Its a synthetic plan, so even 10w30 would be synthetic. just for giggles...a synthetic ultra plan for a hemi challenger is 170 for 3 oil changes.

If its not synthetic i'd be going right back up there.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a synthetic plan, so even 10w30 would be synthetic. just for giggles...a synthetic ultra plan for a hemi challenger is 170 for 3 oil changes.

So many different types of synthetic. A semi-synthetic can be sold on a synthetic plan, but many don’t consider it a true synthetic.

What is so difficult about the inquiry as to what oil he got? You are so compelled to answer questions you cannot.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I have first hand knowledge of at least one area dealer with a bulk tank labeled for a high end oil when the tank was actually being filled with some el-cheapo bulk crap. Imagine that, a shady car dealer:) That was probably an isolated case, probably no way that happens anywhere else.

notrascal

Reaction score
I have first hand knowledge of at least one area dealer with a bulk tank labeled for a high end oil when the tank was actually being filled with some el-cheapo bulk crap. Imagine that, a shady car dealer:) That was probably an isolated case, probably no way that happens anywhere else.

I don't doubt that at all, that definitely never happens at bars with liquor either!! "i'll have a jack and coke....sure you will"

Paperwork "Rotella t6 15w-40", actually filled with Oreilly conventional 5w-30 :D, There are some shady, lazy companies and people out there. That's why i do my own work.

You wouldn't believe how many baby duramax 3.0's got filled with non dexos-d oil by accident.

Will_T

Reaction score
its a '22 6.7 Cummins. I think the price for the plan was fine. I am looking more for experience with utilizing the plan with your local dealership.
It probably won't matter since once they put you in their computer, I guess they will know, but... If your dealer is like ours, try not to let them know you will be using a discount to pay. Our dealer seems to quote much longer wait times, (months), for warranty, recall, and discounted work like this. I have been told by a couple of people that were paying normal dealer prices for something that they got in very quickly. For annual oil and fuel filter changes, our dealer does it same day as long as you are paying their normal charge. But, for example when I recently had to replace a shock under warranty, it was a very long wait just to bring it in for them to look and confirm that the shock was bad. Then they had to order the shock and I had to go back again. I guess it makes sense to scedule the most profitable stuff first when you are short on techs and backed up, but still frustrating.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

occowboy

Reaction score
Great. I'll have to look to make sure this is safe for my 6.7. Anyone have any input as to if this is OK to use? are other dealerships are putting it in 6.7?

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. I'll have to look to make sure this is safe for my 6.7. Anyone have any input as to if this is OK to use? are other dealerships are putting it in 6.7?

From what I read it’s not diesel rated, I’d take it back.

It is most likely a paperwork error, but I wouldn’t take chances.

notrascal

Reaction score

That is a light diesel rated oil, it is the mopar recommended oil for the gen 3 ecodiesels. Its a good oil, with specs similar (some better) to T6; however it has different detergents.

In all reality it's probably fine, but i'd request a drain/refill with t6 5w-40 if it was my truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread