Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Prepaid Oil Plan

occowboy

Reaction score
Wondering what other folk's experience has been with the Mopar Prepaid Oil Plan. For $350.00, I got 4 oil changes, tire rotations over the course of 3 years. I specifically asked the sales representative from Mopar if I could use this at any Ram dealer, and I was told yes I could. I was also told that this program covers the entire cost of the oil change. My local dealership charges $250.00 for a standard oil change.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
You might share what your vehicle is. $350 is not hard to believe on lighter gas vehicles but HD diesel trucks is another story.

One full service with filters on a HD diesel truck costs more than that at the dealership.

occowboy

Reaction score
its a '22 6.7 Cummins. I think the price for the plan was fine. I am looking more for experience with utilizing the plan with your local dealership.

44Dan44

Reaction score
its a '22 6.7 Cummins. I think the price for the plan was fine. I am looking more for experience with utilizing the plan with your local dealership.
I believe what @Blythkd1 is saying is that it sounds like the dealer is quoting you a gas engine plan. I too would find it a stretch to believe a diesel plan worth over $1,000 is going for $350.00. Read the fine print or take the deal before they realize how wrong they are.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s a Mopar plan? Or is it a dealership plan?

Either way the price doesn’t seem remotely accurate, even with cheap oil.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Yeah that seems off… parts only for me to do my own oil change is around $85 right now. I’d be sure you’re not paying for a gas engine plan and then have to pay a diesel premium at each oil change to upgrade it. Even the 6.4 hemi takes an expensive oil that makes parts only around $60, and the advertised deals don’t cover that one either.

I got my first diesel oil change “free” a my dealer…
I made an appointment, and it still took them almost 2 hours to do it. Junk. I’ll do my own maintenance or anything else as long as I’m able. Besides, I don’t like or trust other people touching my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you all for reminding me why I DIY this. 1996 I was promoted to lube rack @ the local Yota dealership. I made .4 of an hour for an OC or appx $3.00. So if wages have trippled since then, the tech is getting 9$ for one? The other 90$ in profit goes to the owner and management. Can't find a way to justify that on my blue collar budget.

DPeglow

Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 12.49.15.png

VERY INTERESTING. I used to do this with my 2007 GMC Sierra. The issue I ran into was just using the oil changes early because I run out of time before I hit the mileage. Which isn't a bad thing when you're getting 3 oil changes for the price of one.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

3 changes for $340, but it only lasts 2 years which isn’t enough on a 12 month OCI.

They also don’t specify which grade of oil, and I’d bet there is an up-charge for 5w-40.

I’m less money into an oil change with better oil and filters.

occowboy

Reaction score
It was directly through Mopar. The representative used my VIN, pulled up my vehicle information and stated to me that it was for my 6.7 Cummins. I specifically asked if it could be used at any dealership, and if I would be charged anything extra at the dealership. He told me I could use it at any dealership and the oil, lube, filter, and tire rotation were all included. It cost $360.00, taxes included, for this plan. If you want the tire rotation and the 4 services, you have to call and speak to a representative. 1-800-442-2666 because the website doesn't offer it.

My truck goes in next week, so I will report back.

Rep told me it was Rotella oil.

rb92673

Reaction score
How much is it to also replace the fuel filters, which need to be done at the same time?

bbritt18

Reaction score
I did and extended warranty thru my dealer and it covers oil changes every 7500 miles for 7 years. It does not cover fuel filters.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I used the plan today. My oil change, filter and tire rotation were completely covered. Just told the service folks I had the Mopar plan and it was all taken care of with no out of pocket charges.
Which oil did they use?

notrascal

Reaction score
Which oil did they use?
Per their Faq:

Each service includes the type and quantity of oil that is specifically recommended for your vehicle by FCA US LLC, as identified by your vehicle identification number (VIN). Dealers reserve the right to apply additional disposal fees.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Per their Faq:

Each service includes the type and quantity of oil that is specifically recommended for your vehicle by FCA US LLC, as identified by your vehicle identification number (VIN). Dealers reserve the right to apply additional disposal fees.

That’s a lot of words to not tell you anything.

10w-30 or 5w-40?

notrascal

Reaction score
That’s a lot of words to not tell you anything.

10w-30 or 5w-40?
Tells quite a bit. This is where you'd need to rtfm ..... depending on your region and climate would determine your oil type per FCA recommendations. A truck in upper NY will not get the same weight as a south FL truck .

In ambient temperatures above 0°F (-18°C), we recommend using 10W-30
engine oil such as Mopar®, Shell Rotella and Shell Rimula that meets the
manufacturer Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CK-4 engine oil
category is required. Products meeting Cummins® CES 20081 may also be
used. The identification of these engine oils is typically located on the back of
the oil container.
In ambient temperatures below 0°F (-18°C), we recommend using 5W-40
synthetic engine oil such as Mopar®, Shell Rotella and Shell Rimula that
meets the manufacturer Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CK-4
engine oil category is required

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Tells quite a bit. This is where you'd need to rtfm ..... depending on your region and climate would determine your oil type per FCA recommendations. A truck in upper NY will not get the same weight as a south FL truck .

In ambient temperatures above 0°F (-18°C), we recommend using 10W-30
engine oil such as Mopar®, Shell Rotella and Shell Rimula that meets the
manufacturer Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CK-4 engine oil
category is required. Products meeting Cummins® CES 20081 may also be
used. The identification of these engine oils is typically located on the back of
the oil container.
In ambient temperatures below 0°F (-18°C), we recommend using 5W-40
synthetic engine oil such as Mopar®, Shell Rotella and Shell Rimula that
meets the manufacturer Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CK-4
engine oil category is required

Again, a lot of words to not tell you anything. :rolleyes:

What weight oil is included with the prepaid plan.

Full synthetic costs extra normally, is that true with the plan.

I asked the guy who just had the service done what oil they used, a very specific question, I don’t ask you stuff we already know that doesn’t answer the question. You don’t know the answer to the question, but feel compelled to make it sound like you do. Are you a lawyer by chance? :cool: Just having fun;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread