Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR extended warranty due to questionable CP4

Capital E

Reaction score
I'm not really an extended warranty type of person but the radio silence from RAM regarding a CP4 remedy has me considering it. I have a 2019 3500 that will be three years in service this coming April (2022). If there was a recall or any news regarding a CP4 replacement I wouldn't even be considering this. I was quoted $1,600-$2,100 to extend factory coverage to 6 or 8 years. Maybe worth it for a little extra peace of mind?

My other worry is I have a Titan 55 gallon fuel tank. That seems like an easy excuse for them to deny any issues with the fuel system even though it's been in there for 20,000 trouble free miles (so far).

What are your thoughts on extending the warranty out? It seems like if the CP4 was going to fail it would fail within eight years but who knows.

Last edited:

jetrinka

Reaction score
If Ram doesn't do anything about it, take the money you would spend on an extended warranty (they always find a way to get out of everything anyway....) and spend it on a CP3 conversion. Have a good, reputable shop do it and never look back.

flan

Reaction score
The pump is covered under the 5/100 engine warranty. I’d run it til that expires then CP3 swap with the $ you would spend on the extended warranty.

Capital E

Reaction score
The pump is covered under the 5/100 engine warranty. I’d run it til that expires then CP3 swap with the $ you would spend on the extended warranty.
I hadn't even thought of that. I guess I have a couple more years to decide. Thanks for pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread