Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Blind Spot Monitoring

n00ber

Reaction score
Can anyone explain how to unlock the harness in order to slide the pins into their appropriate spots? The first picture shows the harness separated. The goal is to slide 4 pins from the backside of the harness. Once all 4 (slots 5, 6, 46 and 47) you reconnect the harness. You can see where I’ve put pin 6 in and in order for it to get to the other side I have to unlock the harness. I was told to slide the purple tab to the left and that would allow the pins to be put all the way in. I can’t get it to unlock or even move. I have the wheel well off and I don’t want to do this later. Hoping to get some suggestions quick. Thanks.View attachment 30143View attachment 30144
I'm no expert either but it appears that near slots 5,6 and 42,43 is a lock tab of sorts. have you tried moving the purple tab towards the outer shell, away from the black retainer? the other purple pieces look like they would be guides.

RSA964993

Reaction score
I'm no expert either but it appears that near slots 5,6 and 42,43 is a lock tab of sorts. have you tried moving the purple tab towards the outer shell, away from the black retainer? the other purple pieces look like they would be guides.
Thanks for responding. I edited my original message because I figured it out. I was trying to move the top part of the purple tab but then realized I had to shift the entire part over and that meant sliding a tiny flat head screw all the way in along the tab and shoving it to the left.

Ramman603

Reaction score
HI. This is my first post. I have a 2021 Ram 3500 and interested in adding BSM. I read the entire thread, but cannot find the settings for Alphaobd. I see a link with settings for the 1500. Are the settings the same? Thank you!

blbrown

Reaction score
Compliments of Jimmy07 for my 2020 2500

Doors: Blindspot Mirror Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Blind Spot Alert CSM Present- YES

CustSetMenu 3: Trailer Length Blindspot Enable/Disable CSM Present- YES

Cabin Net: RBSM Right Blind Spot Module- ENABLE

Cabin Net: BSS Blind SpotSensor/LBSS Left Blind Spot Sensor- ENABLE

Attachments

• 1642441407112.gif
    1642441407112.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 131
  • 1642441407190.gif
    1642441407190.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 121

Ramman603

Reaction score

Great. Thank you!

RSA964993

Reaction score

After what seems like months of working on this I finally got to this part. I have the kaodtech bypass, the OBDlink MX and an Android phone with the AlfaOBD software and to my surprise everything connected and I selected my truck (Ram 2500) and got started.
I never saw anything on the menu that asked me if I had a blind spot mirror or Blind Spot Alert CSM Present or Trailer Length BS Enable/Disable CSM Present.
Here is what I did after I was connected and was on the ‘My car‘ page after selecting Dodge Ram.
I navigated to Ram 2500 (DJ/DR)
Selected Driver Door
Select Control Unit (I selected Driver Door Module MY-2012)
Then it asked me to Connect (which it did) and then I selected ENABLE which it said it had done. My other choice was to DISABLE.

The only other item on the My Interface menu that looked like I should visit was ‘Object Detection’ which led me to ‘Select Control Unit’ and then I selected ‘Left Blind Spot Sensor (LBSS)’. I successfully connected and then opted to run some type of test which said was a success. Made some beeping sounds in the truck. I did the same thing for the right side and said it wasn’t successful. I’m not sure what happened with that. It didn’t give me any information other than it wasn’t successful even though it was connected.

I went for a drive and hit every four lane road I could find. Not once did the BSM light go on or did I hear a beep. Obviously I’ve done something incorrectly.

I have a 2021 so I’m not sure something has changed and I missed a step. All of the information I’ve seen for the AlphaOBD is for 2020 trucks and prior years. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

blbrown

Reaction score
In AlfaOBD at the My Car Screen under SELECT CARMODEL - "RAM 2500 (DJ/DR)" then at SELECT FUNCTION - "BODY COMPUTER" then third field down SELECT FUNCTION - "Body computer My2021 PowerNet".
At this point you click on Connect.

Once connected you click on the little car with the open hood at the bottom right side of the screen.

On this screen "Active Diagnostics" click on "Select procedure to start" scroll almost all the way to the bottom and select "Car configuration change" then click on "Select Option". This is where you will find the required options that need enabled, its easier to find by typing part of the setting your looking for to the right of the magnifying glass.

PMJohns

Reaction score
Got the pins in, the plug reassembled, now, where to run the jumper through the firewall. Jimmy07 mentioned the area where the clutch would have been. Is that the 6 sided plate on an angle to the outboard side of the brake assembly. If so, does it come out for drilling. An suggestions are welcome.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Got the pins in, the plug reassembled, now, where to run the jumper through the firewall. Jimmy07 mentioned the area where the clutch would have been. Is that the 6 sided plate on an angle to the outboard side of the brake assembly. If so, does it come out for drilling. An suggestions are welcome.
Yes, and yes, you can remove it to prep it on the bench.

RSA964993

Reaction score
I put mine through the rubber grommet where the hood latch cable goes through. It was easy to slide through there and then push back the grommet back in place once it went through.

I also wanted to follow up on my AlphaOBD challenges from last night as I’ve never utilized any of that software or have attempted to modify anything on a vehicle before.

A huge thanks to blbrown for responding to my post as this afternoon I hooked everything up to the AlphaOBD app/software and navigated to the correct menu and was able to activate everything. I was absolutely thrilled when I went for a drive and the orange triangles were lighting up as people were in my blind spot.

Worth noting, my truck (2021) had all of the door wiring completed so it wasn’t necessary to do the jumpers to the mirrors. The CAN bus jumper step was still needed however.

I appreciate everyone‘s input on this little journey. This is a great forum and an awesome community of knowledgeable owners. I realized there are multiple threads on this topic already so apologies for the redundant questions that were already answered!

n00ber

Reaction score
In progress. This is a 22MY PXL_20220212_180551854.jpgPXL_20220212_180609378.jpgforgot to take a picture of it on the hook, definitely recommend detaching from hook for room to work.PXL_20220212_180750800.jpgplace screwdriver herePXL_20220212_180922036.jpgtop left is pin 1 middle top row holes are 5 and 6 PXL_20220212_181159501.jpgPXL_20220212_181309069.jpg I have no pick tools so I had to use a staple from a staple gun to remove the rubber protectorsPXL_20220212_181521659.jpgPXL_20220212_185454825.jpgPXL_20220212_185506491.jpg
Now to bust open alpha OBD to activate (Still waiting on replacement mirrors before I tackle those harnesses)

Big shout out to everyone paving the path for this, hoping the extra pictures I provided are of some use to someone.

n00ber

Reaction score
Trying to use alpha and it doesn't seem to be activating them.
Be smarter than the tools you work with and make sure your security bypass cable is hooked up...PXL_20220212_210714384.jpg

Last edited:

n00ber

Reaction score
And now that I have activated the mentioned options it doesn't seem to be working. At a loss as to what to do now.

superjoe83

Reaction score
And now that I have activated the mentioned options it doesn't seem to be working. At a loss as to what to do now.
You said in a couple posts up that you don't have the mirrors yet? If so that will inhibit the system from working and will set diagnostic codes

n00ber

Reaction score
You said in a couple posts up that you don't have the mirrors yet? If so that will inhibit the system from working and will set diagnostic codes
Interesting, was under the impression you could still activate the system just no indicator light. Oh well, once again at the mercy of snail mail.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Interesting, was under the impression you could still activate the system just no indicator light. Oh well, once again at the mercy of snail mail.
Do not enable the Doors setting for BSM mirrors, and it should work with chime only.

n00ber

Reaction score
Do not enable the Doors setting for BSM mirrors, and it should work with chime only.
re verified settings and got it to chime though only with the trailer length alert active (39.5ft)
Was unable to test the left side on the test drive. Next step is the mirrors and I'll see just when the BSM activates.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Does anyone have an tips to remove the little green plugs? When I installed passive entry those green plugs came right out. I tried 2 of them on this harness and now they are buried down in the connector...

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Does anyone have an tips to remove the little green plugs? When I installed passive entry those green plugs came right out. I tried 2 of them on this harness and now they are buried down in the connector...
If you buried them, you should be able to take one of the wires with the terminal crimped on, and insert the male spade in the front side to push the seal out the back.

Users who are viewing this thread