Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Blind Spot Monitoring

vzar47a

Reaction score
19 PW, loaded except for a sunroof
From what I have read, the BSM is disabled in your truck when you connect a trailer, regardless of what kind. Starting in '20, they changed it to work with conventional trailers, but still disabled with 5th wheel. Seems like you can swap in tail light assemblies from a '20 and get it to work with a trailer, if you wanted, but I'm not positive about that.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
From what I have read, the BSM is disabled in your truck when you connect a trailer, regardless of what kind. Starting in '20, they changed it to work with conventional trailers, but still disabled with 5th wheel. Seems like you can swap in tail light assemblies from a '20 and get it to work with a trailer, if you wanted, but I'm not positive about that.

I could never rely on any sensor, ignore all and do things old fashioned. I was just curious about the lil’ triangles, figured it was something like this deal.

jkrawcz

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a youtube video of this being done...going to add this to my 22 but im more of a visual learner lol

Wheelz

Reaction score
I believe some documented it with pictures..you just have to find it in one of these threads

leemck99

Reaction score
I'm looking at adding the missing wires to the taillight jumper, rather than purchasing new ones. From the forum, I have the pin location that need to be added on the taillight side, but I haven't seen any info on what location the pins need to be added to the body side. Does anyone know if the jumper is wired 1 to 1 (i.e. pin 1 on the taillight side goes to pin 1 on the body side, and so on)?
Alternately, does anyone know the connector designation for either side of the body connector so I can look it up on

Thanks
Lee

dvpvic

Reaction score
I'm looking at adding the missing wires to the taillight jumper, rather than purchasing new ones. From the forum, I have the pin location that need to be added on the taillight side, but I haven't seen any info on what location the pins need to be added to the body side. Does anyone know if the jumper is wired 1 to 1 (i.e. pin 1 on the taillight side goes to pin 1 on the body side, and so on)?
Alternately, does anyone know the connector designation for either side of the body connector so I can look it up on

Thanks
Lee
Why not just buy these? I think they are like $40-50 each roughly

(2) 68396013AB - tail light jumper cable connector

dvpvic

Reaction score
I’m in the middle of this install. Got harness in that Jimmy made with pins 5,6,46,47 now stupid question but do they plug into the green/black block or the green/white block? In this thread I didn’t see that noted and I can’t figure which one because they fit in both. Thank you IMG_5434.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I’m in the middle of this install. Got harness in that Jimmy made with pins 4,6,46,47 now stupid question but do they plug into the green/black block or the green/white block? In this thread I didn’t see that noted and I can’t figure which one because they fit in both. Thank you View attachment 69996
Green/white.
The other end should be 5,6,46,47, not 4,6…

leemck99

Reaction score
Why not just buy these? I think they are like $40-50 each roughly

(2) 68396013AB - tail light jumper cable connector
Well, I have three reasons.

1. I'm cheap :)
2. I wouldn't end up being able to throw away the old harnesses, so I would end up with more stuff in my garage ;)
3. I have a lot of experience in designing and building wiring harnesses

I updated the harness with the following wiring, and it worked fine
Tail light pin is the first number, the body side pin is the last number
Taillight Body
1 * REAR PARK LAMP WH/OG 4
2 * STOP LAMP WH/GN 2
3 * TURN LAMP WH/YE 8
4 * BACKUP LAMP WH/VT 7
5 * GROUND BK 10
6 NO CONTACT 5
7 * LIGHTING FAULT SENSE WH/BG 11
8 GND/NO CONTACT (select) (Black) 12
9 RUN RELAY CONTROL PK/YE (Yellow) 1
10 CAN IHS (+) DG/WH (Blue) 3
11 CAN IHS (-) WH (White) 9
12 GROUND BK 10

* in existing harness

I used:
Pin for tail light side Molex 33012-2003
Pin for the body side TE connectivity 7-1452668-1
Seal for body side TE Connectivity 964972-1

Since the tail light side needs two ground pins, and the body only has one ground, I needed to splice into the existing black wire going to tail light pin 5, and run a wire from the splice to pin 12 on the tail light side.

Seaninnj

Reaction score
Sigh…. New to me 2022 Laramie Mega cab owner here. I just figured out I’m in the B safety group pickle. Another project in my future I’m guessing. Thanks for all the wisdom shared here.

Users who are viewing this thread