Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mirror auxiliary reverse lights not working right.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Super strange. My, also Colorado truck, the CHMSL bed lights turn off in drive.
Do you have the led/camera CHSML or the halogen/non-camera CHMSL?

Limited with all the fancy LED stuff and cameras.

I suppose it *IS* possible the NAViKS box is keeping them on but I seem to recall being able to turn them on going down the road before installing it. <shrugs>

el_barto

Reaction score
Mine is PW with the surround view cameras and led everything as well... but 8.4” screen.
I wouldn’t be too surprised if it was the naviks box... but who knows

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I dont have the naviks box and i can do it like i said the only programing change i had was the dealer flash

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
mine is a 75th PW. Only option is the bed group which has the led bed lights in the bed.

That is the lights I am talking about that stay on in drive since I made the ALPHAOBD change, the LED bed lights. The aux reverse lights and CHMSL lighst all go out when I put it in drive.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I read this post last week and finally decided to try it on mine. I never knew that it had that option. Worked as it is supposed to. Wonder what else I am missing out on. lol

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
So this morning, I went in with my ALPHAOBD and changed 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving to no.
I now have my axillary reverse lights.
Damn calif rules.
Im in Cali and mine ruen off once i let off break in reverse also. Can you fix mine :pto stay on? How do I do that? Thx!!!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
You need AlfaOBD, security bypass cable, and a bluetooth obd . Then follow the info in this thread.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
:eek: Clear as mud!!! Guess its time to research!!
Ok, let me try and clean up the water some. ;)
Read the AlfaOBD thread to learn the basics and equipment required.
Watch a couple of youtube videos on how to use it. There are some good ones out there.
Then go into the section I posted in the post above yours and make the changes.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I wonder if these mirror reverse lights could be added to my mirrors without having to buy new mirrors?

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
So this morning, I went in with my ALPHAOBD and changed 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving to no.
I now have my axillary reverse lights.
Damn calif rules.
Okay so I know this is an old thread and please forgive my ignorance here but I would love to get my Cali truck working like it should. What is this device I need?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Look in the ALFAOBD thread. All the info you need will be in there.

Basically the program downloaded to your computer. A security bypass cable and a OBD reader.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!
I wish the lights were a bit better “shielded” like the aux lights on Chevy trucks... it’s easy to blind yourself with these ones.
That is one thing they changed on the new style mirrors for 2023. The reversing lights are now recessed into a housing more and located further away from the driver door in order to shield your eyes. That’s the only complaint i have about the spotter lamps. Other than that they are an incredible feature

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have a 75th AE PW that has the mirror reverse lights.

When I put the truck in reverse, turn on the headlights, and turn on the mirror reverse lights by pushing the lower button on the light switch., they do come on. But shortly after I start moving, the light goes out.

Shouldn't the light stay on until I put it in drive?

Is there something I'm missing on a setting in the Uconnect?

Or is the system screwed up and I need to go see the dealer?

Is there a setting in the BCM that maybe didn't get set that I can set? I have a AlphaOBD.

Thanks for any help.
Have you been successful in getting these to work while moving backwards?

Users who are viewing this thread