Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mirror auxiliary reverse lights not working right.

Power247

Reaction score
OK, so I looked in the users manual tonight.

Sure enough, Calif and Mississippi do not allow the lights to work.

So now to figure out what I need to change with the alpha obd to make it work.

jimmy007 help
My truck was purchased in NC. I guess it must have been a Mississippi truck first. How stupid.

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I took my bed cover off yesterday in preps to go pick up a new stove after work.

This morning as I got ready to leave the house, I turned on the reverse lights/bed lights. They worked and all came on.

When I put the truck in drive, the mirror reverse lights went out along with the cargo light up in the 3rd brake light.

However, I noticed that the bed LED lights DID NOT go out. I tried it again at work and same thing.

Can anyone that has the lights and NOT a Calif or Miss truck, confirm if their LED bed lights stay on when in drive or go out?

Wondering if I missed a setting in the BCM.

el_barto

Reaction score
The Cargo lights go out when my truck is in drive(Colorado).

I always see people in Toyota’s driving down the highway with their cargo lights on and it pisses me off.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I thought it should be.

Can you by chance send me your log of your setup from ALPHAOBD and I can compare it to mine and see if I can find the differences.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
So I took my bed cover off yesterday in preps to go pick up a new stove after work.

This morning as I got ready to leave the house, I turned on the reverse lights/bed lights. They worked and all came on.

When I put the truck in drive, the mirror reverse lights went out along with the cargo light up in the 3rd brake light.

However, I noticed that the bed LED lights DID NOT go out. I tried it again at work and same thing.

Can anyone that has the lights and NOT a Calif or Miss truck, confirm if their LED bed lights stay on when in drive or go out?

Wondering if I missed a setting in the BCM.
Mine behaves the same as yours. Mirror lights and cargo light turn off, but the bed lights stay on.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t have alpha OBD
OK, thought you did.
So can anyone reading this, who's bed lights go off when in drive and has AlphaOBD, please send me their log for me to compare with mine?

Thanks. Just trying to figure this out.
I'm assuming that since I changed the cargo lights out with motion to no, that is why they stay on. So wondering if there is something else I missed.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
I made the change in Alfa obd and mine will stay on now and only turn off if I put it in drive. I couldn’t figure out how to save the log on my android device but I can pull it and screen shot it for you if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

My mirror lights turn off in drive.
It's the LED bed lights that are staying on.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
Mine go on and off with the button, but dont drop out in drive like the mirror lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lary0071

Reaction score
Mine in PA turn on with the push of the lower half of the headlight switch face, turn off in drive, but what I do not like is that they need to be activated after each start up of the truck. They should be like the fogs and let you activate them one time and they remain persistent until turned off. Use the ambient light sensor to determine on/off status similar to the fog lights. I would prefer to set it and forget it.....

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
One thing Ive noticed since I changed the setting with AlphaOBD is that now when I turn on the auxiliary lights, then put the truck in drive, the reverse lights go off, but the bed lights stay on.
For those with a non Calif or Miss truck, do your bed lights go off or stay on?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
One thing Ive noticed since I changed the setting with AlphaOBD is that now when I turn on the auxiliary lights, then put the truck in drive, the reverse lights go off, but the bed lights stay on.
For those with a non Calif or Miss truck, do your bed lights go off or stay on?
My Colorado truck behaves the same as yours and has done so since day one.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My bed lights used to go out but after a dealer update they dont

el_barto

Reaction score
Bed lights stay on in Drive if the button is pressed.

Colorado truck.
Super strange. My, also Colorado truck, the CHMSL bed lights turn off in drive.
Do you have the led/camera CHSML or the halogen/non-camera CHMSL?

Users who are viewing this thread