Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition:

Reaction score
The seats are black. Doesn't appear to have bi-directional lights. Go to Costcoauto.com and you can see the 2022 options.

View attachment 19844

Interestingly, it appears that you can now get the full floor console with the L2. Wish that was available last year. I would have spent less to get it instead of the 75A, plus left off the bead locks and "rock rails" to save weight and chosen the 8.4" 4C NAV radio. Even so, pretty happy with the truck and enjoying exploring now instead of waiting for a 2022.

It's an option, just like it was a late introduction option on the 2021 standard PWs.

View attachment 19843

Reaction score
We both are of the same thought.
The new center console vast improvement, also the electronic shift on the fly transfer case option for 2022 worth it. Even though I am of the old school on this.
The rock rails on the 75th.AE.look to be too narrow to get good footing for entry & exit.
Bead lock wheels vs standard up for debate.
Prefer smaller touch screen. easier access to controls but would go for larger screen with the right package.
Why is Ram refusing still not to install at least 35 in. tires on power wagons?
Their are pros & cons on the ram box option. This option fits my storage needs to a T.
Having a sun roof is good to have in good climate conditions where you get it's use often. On the other hand in a wet damp climate where I am you only get to use it a few weeks during summer.

tuckjack

Reaction score
The rock rails on the 75th.AE.look to be too narrow to get good footing for entry & exit.
Yes, though it’s a bigger deal getting out rather than getting in. It’s easy to put one foot on, grab a handle, and lift yourself up. Getting out, I’m largely skipping it. I’m 6’2” though, so I imagine even harder for some others.

Agreed on the 35s. Considering the availability of larger tires on the Tremor, Wrangler, and Bronco.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
The rock sliders do not make good steps. They are very narrow. Even the wife with a size 5 foot complained about how narrow they are. Unfortunately, you can't mount AMP power steps and keep the rock sliders. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make them coexist.

You could get the electronic shift on all the PW's, or at least the '21 its an option you have to pay extra for. comes standard with the 75th because of the center console.

You can split the larger screen into basically 2 screens. I have mine setup with the radio on top, and ac controls on the bottom.

Beadlocks would be great if they came with the actual bead lock ring instead of a beauty ring. And I haven't found a place to purchase the actual bead lock ring for the rims.

As for the sun roof, I didn't OPT for one, and I live in SoCal near the beach. Last 2 cars had one and after the first year or so, we rarely opened it.

Agree on the 35's. That was the 2nd thing I did, put 35's on her at 250 miles. First one was to get rid of the hideous resonator and tuck the exhaust pipe up out of the way where it belonged.

el_barto

Reaction score
No standard 35s because a full-size spare doesn’t “fit” ...yes it does technically fit, but it doesn’t slip into place like a factory product should. Requires getting physical with it, possibly airing out the tire to get it into place then reinflating (for me at least)

the electronic xfer case was a mid-year option on 2021 power wagons (75ae got it first, then it was made available to the rest, similar to the offroad package)

stickshifter

Reaction score
Genuinely curious: what do folks like about the electronic dial (EDIT: push button) for the transfer case? I’ve owned 10 trucks and Jeep’s with manual transfer lever, and just 1 truck with a dial (2017 Tacoma), and I find the manual lever to engage more consistently and reliably, I don’t worry about electronics failing, and it’s also sort of satisfying to use - I guess I feel more connected to the vehicle. I think the Tacoma dial is one of the worst ones out there (poor engagement for low range), so maybe that’s skewed my opinion. Love to hear what you all like about the electronic transfer case!

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
on my 75th, its not a dial. The dial is for the transmission. The T case is push buttons, same as it is on my '04 Chevy.

As for the spare, all I had to do to get the BFG 35 up in there was remove part of the heat shield that goes across the front. It's more of a block off for the track bar that heat shield as there is no exhaust pipe there.
I didn't deflate at all. Tire had 55 PSI in it. Just slowly walked it up in there. Had to adjust just a little to get it over the track bar, then it was fine. I'm sure with a little work, the factory can make it fit better.

Reaction score
Yes, though it’s a bigger deal getting out rather than getting in. It’s easy to put one foot on, grab a handle, and lift yourself up. Getting out, I’m largely skipping it. I’m 6’2” though, so I imagine even harder for some others.

Agreed on the 35s. Considering the availability of larger tires on the Tremor, Wrangler, and Bronco.
Putting height difference aside it would be difficult for entry/ exit without those interior grab handles.

Reaction score
on my 75th, its not a dial. The dial is for the transmission. The T case is push buttons, same as it is on my '04 Chevy.

As for the spare, all I had to do to get the BFG 35 up in there was remove part of the heat shield that goes across the front. It's more of a block off for the track bar that heat shield as there is no exhaust pipe there.
I didn't deflate at all. Tire had 55 PSI in it. Just slowly walked it up in there. Had to adjust just a little to get it over the track bar, then it was fine. I'm sure with a little work, the factory can make it fit better.
Good information to know when the time comes to mount the 35 spare!

el_barto

Reaction score
Genuinely curious: what do folks like about the electronic dial (EDIT: push button) for the transfer case? I’ve owned 10 trucks and Jeep’s with manual transfer lever, and just 1 truck with a dial (2017 Tacoma), and I find the manual lever to engage more consistently and reliably, I don’t worry about electronics failing, and it’s also sort of satisfying to use - I guess I feel more connected to the vehicle. I think the Tacoma dial is one of the worst ones out there (poor engagement for low range), so maybe that’s skewed my opinion. Love to hear what you all like about the electronic transfer case!
I agree with this, I like my manual shifter, it has a nice solid feel. Plus... My last truck (2015 Chevy Colorado) had the worst design for the 4WD knob...down by the knee where it couldn’t really be seen when driving, exact same size and texture as the headlight knob inches away, and no indicator on the dashboard. More than once I thought I had turned my headlights on but actually put it in 4WD.

Attachments

• 087E8365-71D9-493B-9B1D-D3A9A2B75966.jpeg
    087E8365-71D9-493B-9B1D-D3A9A2B75966.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 17
  • D214CBEA-FF84-43E7-B2D2-57A5EB32DE8D.jpeg
    D214CBEA-FF84-43E7-B2D2-57A5EB32DE8D.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 14

stickshifter

Reaction score
I agree with this, I like my manual shifter, it has a nice solid feel. Plus... My last truck (2015 Chevy Colorado) had the worst design for the 4WD knob...down by the knee where it couldn’t really be seen when driving, exact same size and texture as the headlight knob inches away, and no indicator on the dashboard. More than once I thought I had turned my headlights on but actually put it in 4WD.
Agreed. No way you ever pull back on the t-case lever by accident! But besides the Power Wagon, there are only three other vehicles in 2021 with a manual t-case I know of (Wrangler, Gladiator, and some models of 4-Runner), so maybe the rest of America is smarter than me!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My Jeep LJ has a manual t-case. It is pretty quick to go in usually. Sometimes I need to roll a bit for 4LOW. My 2007 Ram had a dial for the t-case. I never had a problem with it. The new truck has push buttons. I am ok with it.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
My PW and Chevy have push buttons. My F250 had a dial.
If you can remember way back when in the 50s/60s, some of those cars had pushbutton transmissions.
I'm fine with it.

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but has anyone found a part number or any information on the bead lock ring kit for the power wagon? I've seen photos of the actual bead lock ring on the web but haven't been able to find where to buy them. I've checked dealers and nobody seems to have info on them.

Users who are viewing this thread