Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition:

SgtCookeUSMC

Reaction score

So basically everything that made the 75 cool and now devalued by allowing any truck to get it? Or am I reading too much into it? I like special edition anything in life, especially vehicles. More choice is cool, but so much for "unique features" of the 75th. I'd be (am) slightly slighted by the level 3 if I was a 75 PW owner.
I’m definitely pissed about it. Way to make it NOT special.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I’m definitely pissed about it. Way to make it NOT special.
You and me both. They should have left the few unique things that made the 75th special.
Brown leather, jail bar grill, brushed aluminum black bezels, specoal headlights, the way the power wagon label is on the 75th.
At least I hope they are not putting a build plaque like ours on them. Otherwise all we have is the special 75th badging. :mad:

Reaction score
I some watt agree with you both.
The special badge, & the build plaque make the difference!
I expect that the 2022 level package 3 will not have these items ,& the special seats, but will carry over the bidirectional headlights.
While I prefer old school 4x4 manual transfer case lever willing to try the new electronic shift on the fly method.
This method will be a option on the standard power wagon.
The new center console a huge improvement!

el_barto

Reaction score
I agree @narrow gauge 804
From what I’ve read, the Level 3 adds the top tier dash board/interior materials, bucket seats/console, 12in screen with HK sound, and yes carries over the grille. I don’t think the L3 gets the projector headlamps, and I’m certain it won’t get the special c-pillar badging or individual numbering. I’m guessing interior color will likely be black premium leather, rather than the tan, but I could be wrong.

Admittedly, I’m surprised about the headlamps and grille. I would have expected the projector headlamps to be in L3 package (premium feature, already existing part on Limited trims) , but grille to not be jail bar version (not a premium feature, introduced with 75AE with historical relevance)

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
#ram cares. Are you guys listening to this?
#FCA RAM are you guys listening to this?

Those of us who purchased the 75th Anniversary edition Power Wagon do not agree with your decision.
If you are going to muddy our purchase of what we bought in good faith to be a special edition truck, and now want to continue it afterwards, maybe you should refund us the cost of the special edition package.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Well, with the level 3 package they are doing, our 75th is no longer as special as it was in '21.
:):D

el_barto

Reaction score
I don’t think they ever stated there was a production quantity limit on the 75AE, nor is the L3 even trying to ape the 75AE since doesn’t have the special emblems.
Not 100% sure on interior color, but I think it’s not the tan on the L3 either.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, they never put a limit on it, maybe other than 2021 production only. But I'm not even sure about that. Mine is build 1590, so there are a bunch out there.

But they are using the grill that was only on the 75th for 2021 as a throw back to the original. I think that should have been left to 75th only.

I listed in my other post things I think should have been left to just the 75th edition as that was the stuff that set it apart from the others.

Other manufactures have done a 1 off before, so why can't FCA do it. Even Chevy did a 2 year only grill on the '73/'74 trucks/blazer/suburban.

I'm sure we will see "clones" of the 75h out there, but it would be better to have an original if it was 1 year only.

Just my thoughts.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Here's what the article says.

• Leather-Faced Front Bucket Seats (*GL) Doesn't say if its Tan or not.
  • I/P Spec Plate “Power Wagon” (XHP) Is this plate on the regular PW?
  • I/P Bezels-Alumium Litho with Black Trim (JES) These should be 75th only
  • Grille – Power Wagon “Jailbar” (MF7) This should be 75th only
still not clear on if the 2022 Ram 2500 Power Wagon Level 3 will come with the popular Bi-Function LED Projector Headlamps with blackened surrounds. I think these should be 75th only as well.

el_barto

Reaction score
I think the “I/P Spec Plate” and “I/P Bezels-Alumium Litho with Black Trim” are just instrument cluster “Power Wagon” logo and power wagon specific instrument cluster trim rings...which all Power Wagon models have.

What does your instrument cluster look like? Ill tell you if it’s special or just like the rest.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I know its different than my buddies limited and limited night edition 1500s.
It's a brushed alunimum and black alunimum trim where theirs is more of a weave patteren.
Best picture I have of it. It's the trim around the big center screen/pod.
20210619_073933.jpg

wademeyer

Reaction score
Do any of you know if the bead rims and rock rail with step will be in level 3?

Reaction score
I agree @narrow gauge 804
From what I’ve read, the Level 3 adds the top tier dash board/interior materials, bucket seats/console, 12in screen with HK sound, and yes carries over the grille. I don’t think the L3 gets the projector headlamps, and I’m certain it won’t get the special c-pillar badging or individual numbering. I’m guessing interior color will likely be black premium leather, rather than the tan, but I could be wrong.

Admittedly, I’m surprised about the headlamps and grille. I would have expected the projector headlamps to be in L3 package (premium feature, already existing part on Limited trims) , but grille to not be jail bar version (not a premium feature, introduced with 75AE with historical relevance)
Seriously considered the 75AE. Backed away last minute due to emergency house repairs.
Getting a 2022 . Am considering L3 as first choice or L2 second choice.
Definitely ram box option. Debating sun roof.
Upgrading to Nitto Ridge Grapler 35 inch tires. Used these tires in the past with no problems. My experience a good compromise for on road &off road use.

tuckjack

Reaction score
You and me both. They should have left the few unique things that made the 75th special.
Brown leather, jail bar grill, brushed aluminum black bezels, specoal headlights, the way the power wagon label is on the 75th.
At least I hope they are not putting a build plaque like ours on them. Otherwise all we have is the special 75th badging. :mad:
The seats are black. Doesn't appear to have bi-directional lights. Go to Costcoauto.com and you can see the 2022 options.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 12.26.10 AM.png

Interestingly, it appears that you can now get the full floor console with the L2. Wish that was available last year. I would have spent less to get it instead of the 75A, plus left off the bead locks and "rock rails" to save weight and chosen the 8.4" 4C NAV radio. Even so, pretty happy with the truck and enjoying exploring now instead of waiting for a 2022.

Do any of you know if the bead rims and rock rail with step will be in level 3?
It's an option, just like it was a late introduction option on the 2021 standard PWs.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 12.26.21 AM.png

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
HMM. Looking at my window sticker, it just states leather trimmed bucket seats.
Looking at my build sheet, it shows:
leather trimmed bucket seats
black/mountain brown

Users who are viewing this thread