Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition:

stickshifter

Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for a new truck, and I'm leaning toward the PW. If they took away the manual transfer case I would probably end up with a different rig. Just one guy's opinion.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for a new truck, and I'm leaning toward the PW. If they took away the manual transfer case I would probably end up with a different rig. Just one guy's opinion.

I used to feel that way too. Getting harder to find rigs I want with a manual transfer case. I gave up quite a few years ago. At least my Jeep is still manual.

stickshifter

Reaction score
I used to feel that way too. Getting harder to find rigs I want with a manual transfer case. I gave up quite a few years ago. At least my Jeep is still manual.
Tell me about it! I've been driving for almost 40 years and I've never owned an automatic transmission, and my current truck (6-speed manual, 2017 Tacoma) is my first ever rig without a manual transfer case. I started driving on a 1978 Jeep CJ-7, then a 1975 Landcruiser. After that, a 1989 Dodge 2500 (12v, 5.9 Cummins) with a Getrag 5-speed manual tranny, and the NP205 transfer case. Never should have sold that truck!

I really dislike the dial in my 2017 Tacoma for shifting into 4x4. Shifting into 4-high is usually okay, but sometimes it is not immediate; the shift into low-range is never immediate, and the dam truck just beeps at me. I still own a 1997 Tacoma and shifting that truck into 4-high or 4-low is like butter, even after 23 years. I know that the transfer case dial on some rigs is better than on these new Tacomas; I test drove a Ford F250 recently, and the dial-shifter felt much more substantial, with more positive engagement, but I still don't love 'em.

I am in the process of wrapping my head around an automatic transmission (haven't fully accepted the idea yet), but I really want to get back into a manual transfer case. I really like that you can buy a Jeep with a manual transmission and a manual transfer case!

Sorry - this thread is about the 75th Ann. Power Wagon!

Reaction score
I am purchasing a power wagon soon.
If i can swing it the 75th. special edition will be my choice!
I prefer the manual transfer case. Very soon to become a automotive relic of the past:
8 TRACK TAPE PLAYER
CASSETTE TAPE PLAYER
COMPACT DISC PLAYER MOST RECENT DELETING THAT I MISS DEARLY ! 2019 last model year power wagon with the cd player option.
I will take a while to adapt to the electronic transfer case.
Change is change! We can't stop it!
It would be no surprise the 2022 model year power wagon will have the electronic transfer case as standard equipment !
We can dream of PAST automotive technology! THOSE DAYS ARE GONE FOREVER!
GM & FORD no doubt will SOON adapt to this new system each in their own form!

doccase

Reaction score
Meh...I'm not crazy about making the the transfer case an electronic shift. Sounds like they just took away some stuff and are badging a regular 2500 as a Power Wagon.

I would like to see the molten orange color though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
we shell see in February I have it on order

Reaction score
Just yesterday I received email from F C A Ram truck.ca, since I am Canadian. For 2021 heavy duty( POWER WAGON )
I viewed the build & price page. The molten orange choice color listed with the other colors. Too me it looked like more of a red shade then orange!
I was curious about the molten orange too. What do you think of the anvil color? I DID NOT LIKE AT FIRST GLANCE! But have grown to like it!
Meeting with the salesman i am dealing with in early January/ 21. to purchase a power wagon Am aware it will take some time to arrive at the dealership ( willing to wait. will give me extra time to build up down payment ) .
I built & priced the 75th. special power wagon with the options i wanted. This truck my choice unless I can get the same options & GOOD deal on a 2020.
Color first choice Hydro Blue, second choice Anvil .

Reaction score
Asking for feedback from others like myself both purchasing & considering the 75th. special POWER WAGON, BEFORE I pull the trigger!
Any idea on wait time for delivery too dealer ?

Reaction score
I don't spend time in my truck unless I'm sitting on the seats, so I guess it's reasonably okay with me. Yeah, there is always more that can be done, but it is a truck, after all. I'm more interested in the comfort and features, and they don't look all that bad, certainly not enough to turn me away from the truck. From my perspective, the PW is pretty much everything I want in a 2500, except for the very low load limit, and the lack of aux switches. The load limit is the deal killer, I need to be able to carry stuff around often. So I'll end up with a Laramie again. All the rest, like the default cab lights which I don't want, are just cosmetic that I could put up with.
The 75th. with anvil my pick! ram box a MUST for me.
Only towing atv or small boat.
Overall agree with you, especially lack of aux switches for installing light bars/ flood lights!

stickshifter

Reaction score
Asking for feedback from others like myself both purchasing & considering the 75th. special POWER WAGON, BEFORE I pull the trigger!
Any idea on wait time for delivery too dealer ?

What about the 75th do you like, and is it worth the extra cost? That's really the question. Is there something else you could do with the extra money you are going to spend to get the 75th that would make more sense for your circumstances? You could invest the money in the stock market, remodel the bathroom, or pay for a trip in your new (non 75th) Power Wagon. If the extra cost is irrelevant (based on your current finances), and you like the truck - go for it!

Reaction score
Just over two months. That's very good considering covid !
Figured it would take at the very best three months, since I live in Canada !
If you don't mind, what options did you get ?

dave41079

Reaction score
Just over two months. That's very good considering covid !
Figured it would take at the very best three months, since I live in Canada !
If you don't mind, what options did you get ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-093314_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-093314_Drive.jpg
    922.7 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
What about the 75th do you like, and is it worth the extra cost? That's really the question. Is there something else you could do with the extra money you are going to spend to get the 75th that would make more sense for your circumstances? You could invest the money in the stock market, remodel the bathroom, or pay for a trip in your new (non 75th) Power Wagon. If the extra cost is irrelevant (based on your current finances), and you like the truck - go for it!
You have good points!
I have not had a truck for some years. Am single 67 yrs. old.
Have saved for decent down payment the past four years even after retirement two yrs. ago
The power wagon IS MY DREAM truck since I got my drivers license 51 yrs. ago in my last year of high school !
This WILL BE MY LAST PURCHASE IN MY LIFETIME!
I over the years have hunted & fished with friends who own 1/2 ton 4x4's , from experience that got damaged over very rough trails in remote areas to our favorite locations.
What's important for me I NO LONGER HAVE TO DEPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE TO DRIVE ME TO WHERE I NEED/ WANT TO GO! ! !

Reaction score
Different color choices for me. ANVIL OR HYDRO BLUE ?
OLIVE GREEN REMINDS ME OF SERVING CLOSE TO TWENTY YEARS IN MY CANADIAN ARMY MILITIA UNIT 56TH FIELD SQUATION ROYAL CANADIAN ENGINNERS.
LOTS OF GOOD MEMORIES, HOWEVER BAD ONES TOO, WHEN I WAS OVER WEIGHT BACK THEN !

dave41079

Reaction score
Different color choices for me. ANVIL OR HYDRO BLUE ?
OLIVE GREEN REMINDS ME OF SERVING CLOSE TO TWENTY YEARS IN MY CANADIAN ARMY MILITIA UNIT 56TH FIELD SQUATION ROYAL CANADIAN ENGINNERS.
LOTS OF GOOD MEMORIES, HOWEVER BAD ONES TOO, WHEN I WAS OVER WEIGHT BACK THEN !
Those were my other two color choices. I also toyed with silver for a while, but my current vehicle is silver. I think the Hydro looks better on the regular PWs with the black hood and bedside badging to break the color up. I'd do Anvil, especially since it's a 75th only color for the PWs.

Reaction score
Those were my other two color choices. I also toyed with silver for a while, but my current vehicle is silver. I think the Hydro looks better on the regular PWs with the black hood and bedside badging to break the color up. I'd do Anvil, especially since it's a 75th only color for the PWs.
If the 75th. falls through still getting PW loaded. Hydro Blue color choice.
Interested as to why you opted for dual alternators? I am going this route.

dave41079

Reaction score
If the 75th. falls through still getting PW loaded. Hydro Blue color choice.
Interested as to why you opted for dual alternators? I am going this route.
It was such a cheap upgrade there was no reason not to. I figure anything I do in the future, I'll already have a good electrical setup.

Users who are viewing this thread