Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Meet The 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition:​

Just In Time For Veterans Day...​

2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary Edition. (Ram) (3).jpg

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Meh...I'm not crazy about making the the transfer case an electronic shift. Sounds like they just took away some stuff and are badging a regular 2500 as a Power Wagon.

I would like to see the molten orange color though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I do miss my center console from my 5th gen 1500 sometimes, but I'm utilizing that space for gadgets and it's nice to have them easily visible to me. Cosmetically I do prefer that console though. I do like that grill those lights too. One day I'll probably fit them to my truck if I keep it that long.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
They gave the powerwagon the Laramie interior. Cause everyone says they want the center console.

No center console and small gas tank were huge turn-offs for me. I got way to used to the console in my 2019 1500 to give it up for a bench seat that I would literally never use. Giving up the lockers and waiting for a solution from ARB for my Laramie was worth it.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Now a powerwagon can get the console. Which ia m sure will be a regular option soon. Which is great for people that want it.

Not sure what you mean by the small gas tank...unless your Laramie is a longbed with the optional tank.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
Now a powerwagon can get the console. Which ia m sure will be a regular option soon. Which is great for people that want it.

Not sure what you mean by the small gas tank...unless your Laramie is a longbed with the optional tank.
Diesel. Upgrading to the Titan tank next month. Poor mpgs in the 6.4 combined with a 31 gal tank, no thanks. I don't want to hit the gas station 3 times per week just for my commute.

Distillusion

Reaction score
Diesel. Upgrading to the Titan tank next month. Poor mpgs in the 6.4 combined with a 31 gal tank, no thanks. I don't want to hit the gas station 3 times per week just for my commute.
For several years I had a daily 210 mile round trip commute. I pretty much had to fill up every day, no matter what I drove. Every vehicle we owned then had less than a 300 mile range. I know exactly how you feel.

@JC

Reaction score
They gave the powerwagon the Laramie interior. Cause everyone says they want the center console.
Now they need to give it the transmission shifter (and paddles) from the TRX!

@JC

Reaction score
Hell yeah, I'd trade my '20 in a heartbeat for a Power Wagon TRX!

Distillusion

Reaction score
The number one off-road mod is probably additional lighting. Yet this is the only trim model where Ram refuses to offer instrument panel auxiliary switches. What message is Ram really sending?

Dingo

Reaction score
So the interior is going to be a gray and black dash and doors with brown leather seats? That sounds like a very odd color combination.

Distillusion

Reaction score
So the interior is going to be a gray and black dash and doors with brown leather seats? That sounds like a very odd color combination.
You can get on the public configurator at ramtrucks.com and see it. It's surprisingly good looking. I was expecting the same thing before I went to look at it.

fsjking

Reaction score
You can get on the public configurator at ramtrucks.com and see it. It's surprisingly good looking. I was expecting the same thing before I went to look at it.
I'm not sure if it's just the lighting, but, the pics in the article have the leather look darker than it does in the configurator. Hoping it is the darker, cause I'm about to pull the trigger....

Dingo

Reaction score
I see that they do have a 360 degree view of the interior now on the website. Unfortunately I don't think it looks good. It looks like they've taken seats from some other truck and just bolted to the interior, which is quite literally what they are doing. BMW and Mercedes offer some black interiors with brown seats, but they typically have matching brown wood inserts in the bash and doors for better cohesion. Here they are pairing the brown seats with brushed aluminum and piano black inserts.

I wanted the 75th just for the anvil color, but I think the seats are going to be a deal killer for me, which is ironic because the interior is what made me decide on a Ram over a GMC in the first place.

Distillusion

Reaction score
I wanted the 75th just for the anvil color, but I think the seats are going to be a deal killer for me, which is ironic because the interior is what made me decide on a Ram over a GMC in the first place.
I don't spend time in my truck unless I'm sitting on the seats, so I guess it's reasonably okay with me. Yeah, there is always more that can be done, but it is a truck, after all. I'm more interested in the comfort and features, and they don't look all that bad, certainly not enough to turn me away from the truck. From my perspective, the PW is pretty much everything I want in a 2500, except for the very low load limit, and the lack of aux switches. The load limit is the deal killer, I need to be able to carry stuff around often. So I'll end up with a Laramie again. All the rest, like the default cab lights which I don't want, are just cosmetic that I could put up with.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Poor mpgs in the 6.4 combined with a 31 gal tank, no thanks. I don't want to hit the gas station 3 times per week just for my commute.

Yep.....they should never have put anything less than a 40 gal. fuel tank on a 6.4 Hemi. I don't tow my camper long distance very often but when I do I am not looking forward to stopping to fuel up every 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread