Max Tow Package

regal2800

Apr 23, 2019
The video they stated that in:

And an article that just came out that mentions it as well: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp28103469/chevrolet-silverado-hd-acceleration-vs-ram-3500/
I really dont understand what you are arguing. The HO 3500 comes with a AAM 12 rear end. I have one and so does everyone else with a HO 3500. It is listed on my build sheet. what other proof do you want? The disc size MAY be different on the max tow, but every HO 3500 SRW or DRW will have the aam 12 axle. That car and driver article is wrong.

Don-T

Feb 4, 2019
You can’t trust the videos. One or more of them also talk about and show the trailer tire pressure monitors as well as the camera on the trailer. They didn’t happen either.

archer75

Jun 11, 2019
Portland, OR
You can’t trust the videos. One or more of them also talk about and show the trailer tire pressure monitors as well as the camera on the trailer. They didn’t happen either.
That’s different because ram said those were happening. And they’re still saying those are coming.

Last edited:

archer75

Jun 11, 2019
Portland, OR
I really dont understand what you are arguing. The HO 3500 comes with a AAM 12 rear end. I have one and so does everyone else with a HO 3500. It is listed on my build sheet. what other proof do you want? The disc size MAY be different on the max tow, but every HO 3500 SRW or DRW will have the aam 12 axle. That car and driver article is wrong.
I wonder if your sheet could be wrong? Every site I can find reference to max tow all mention the axle. Every one.
Rams website is wrong on a number of things so it wouldn’t be a stretch that your sheet could be wrong. Since there’s conflicting info from a number of sources I’m just trying to figure it out. Perhaps pics of the different axles on the trucks.

regal2800

Apr 23, 2019
I wonder if your sheet could be wrong? Every site I can find reference to max tow all mention the axle. Every one.
Rams website is wrong on a number of things so it wouldn’t be a stretch that your sheet could be wrong. Since there’s conflicting info from a number of sources I’m just trying to figure it out. Perhaps pics of the different axles on the trucks.
I hope it is wrong because i want a rear locker and nobody makes one for the AAM 12. If i had the 11.5 i could drop in a ARB tomorrow.. But im pretty sure all HO engines get the AAM. I read that they added the aam 12 rear end to handle the torque of the HO cummins. The article below makes no mention of the max tow. And my build sheet says, and i quote "12" Single Rear wheel Axle". If there was a typo i dont think it would specifically mention the word "Single". The only way to really check would be to take the cover off and count the ring gear bolts or measure it.... I tried calling AAM to get more info from them and their customer service is non existent. If anyone finds any markings or tags i would be happy to check my axle for them.

Reactions: thestuarts

regal2800

Apr 23, 2019
I found this pic on one of the other forums of the carrier on the aam 12. Doesn't help me identify much but maybe it could offer some clues to someone else. I dont remember the carrier on my 2016 ram 2500 being that big,
but it was a couple years ago last time i was in that rear axle....

regal2800

Apr 23, 2019
So the AAM 11.5 has a axle tube diameter of 4” and the aam 12 has 4.25”. I measured the truck in my signature and it has exactly 4.25”. So the ho trucks do get the aam 12 axle regardless of whether it’s a drw or srw

thestuarts

Jun 10, 2019
So the AAM 11.5 has a axle tube diameter of 4” and the aam 12 has 4.25”. I measured the truck in my signature and it has exactly 4.25”. So the ho trucks do get the aam 12 axle regardless of whether it’s a drw or srw
I am glad you confirmed the SRW HO option comes with the AAM 12. I would love to know if the HO option also includes the larger 365mm brake rotors the chief engineer says are included in the max tow package. See