Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max tire size questions stock wheels/lift

jared43758

Reaction score
It’s ok. Didn’t wanna hear from them. Wasted enuff of my time. Just looking to hear from people that actually ran different size 18’s. 285/65, 285/70,295/65,295/70

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
don’t want anything close to a 35! How hard is that. If I had my way I’d get a 295/65/18 but there’s only 1 a/t made in that size and I don’t want it. I want a tire that measured close as possible to factory 33. But wider.
So you don't want the max tire size without rubbing. Sorry, my senior moment made me miss that.

You want the widest possible tire, which will rub. I get it now.

I do like raised white letter tires though.

Can not wait to see what you get.

jared43758

Reaction score
Lol. Should of been a little clearer I guess. I’m just looking to run a wider tire, which I’m limited to a very small amount wider cause of proper fit on a 8 inch wide wheel. I think my dang truck sits high enuff as is and don’t wanna throw the speedo off, well as little as possible. I want my factory spare to be close to same and I don’t wanna go bigger and multiply the gear ratio anymore and put more stress on drive train that way. 295/65/18 would be ideal but Goodyear duratrac is only a/t tire made in that size and there pretty high. 285/70/18 is a 33.6 and only 11.2 wide, which a little would be better than none but there unusually high priced. I was only asking about the 295/70/18 cause it had the width I wanted. It was already pushing the height limit I wanted. The best option may be a 285/65/18=32.6/11.6r18 I just really didn’t wanna go down in size any just cause of looks. But .6 from what I got may not be that noticeable. I’m just really not sure
So you don't want the max tire size without rubbing. Sorry, my senior moment made me miss that.

You want the widest possible tire, which will rub. I get it now.

I do like raised white letter tires though.

Can not wait to see what you get.

jared43758

Reaction score
If you had nothing good too add, why comment at all??? Your sense of humor or lack of doesn’t concern me.

Jugular

Reaction score
18" rims?
What happened with that size?
I'm also wondering how he likes that size. He posted a photo a while back and that is the size I have planned for my (ordered) truck. What offset were the rims? I'm hoping +18 will work without rubbing.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I'm also wondering how he likes that size. He posted a photo a while back and that is the size I have planned for my (ordered) truck. What offset were the rims? I'm hoping +18 will work without rubbing.

It will work perfectly. It’s a narrow 35. It will barely rub on stock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshfly

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know the offset of the stock wheels?

Upper 40s. Like +47 or something. Thuren Suspension has a great article in the Tech section of his website on tire fitment.

Jugular

Reaction score
Upper 40s. Like +47 or something. Thuren Suspension has a great article in the Tech section of his website on tire fitment.

Perfect...the +18 rims I have planned should certainly be no issue then. I'll check out the article.

Attachments

• KMC-XD829-BlkGrey-1.jpg
    KMC-XD829-BlkGrey-1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 17

Marshfly

Reaction score
Perfect...the +18 rims I have planned should certainly be no issue then. I'll check out the article.

Those look great. +18 to +25 offset is the key to fitting max tire size on these trucks. Anything less and they eat the liners. Anything more and they rub the control arms and sway bar. Too bad there are people that refuse to accept the advice from those of us that have been working with this for years on the 4th gen...

Users who are viewing this thread