Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map update

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I recently got that update notice. If it was $25 I might pull the trigger. I prefer Android Auto. I do run the Uconnect Map sometimes if I just want to see street names around me.
$25? I would pull the trigger for $25.

Nick

Reaction score
Ram Toyota and others all charge . They claim that the data is from the Nav companies and that is why there is a fee . I updated on my 13 in 18 for a special of 99 dollars and the update was really not much of an improvement.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
One reason i didn't bother with the nav or the 12” screen

jeffn

Reaction score
I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the RAM nav system with the 12” display. I still plug in my iphone but about 1 in 3 trips I am using the RAM navigation. Not sure I will pay an upgrade fee, even though I like the nav system.

renagade69

Reaction score
Ram actually takes no responsibility at all for the mapping product they sell in the vehicle. It's a 3rd party vendor that provides the maps and FCA does not care one bit if it's out of date or good. You can have a brand new truck and they release an update the next day and you have to pay for it. I spent a good bit of time talking in the chat and disconnected on purpose twice. I love my Ram but the lack of support for the product they supply is just not acceptable. I have gotten free updates from other vehicle MFG for a specified short time. That's acceptable but no support on day 1 is just malpractice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread