Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow muffler installed

KB RAM

Reaction score
I tried the mufflex option first, it wasn't too loud but droned a lot. I then installed the Magnaflow 12909 muffler, it's not a direct fit but it's in there. Not as loud as the mufflex but has ZERO drone. Not sure if i'll stick with this for long, may try a Flowmaster 50 series HD with stock resonator. Here's a startup, and drive-bye.

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
You say the mufflex droned... was this with or without the resonator?

borderc21

Reaction score
I tried the mufflex option first, it wasn't too loud but droned a lot. I then installed the Magnaflow 12909 muffler, it's not a direct fit but it's in there. Not as loud as the mufflex but has ZERO drone. Not sure if i'll stick with this for long, may try a Flowmaster 50 series HD with stock resonator. Here's a startup, and drive-bye.
Did you ever change to the 50 HD or did you stick with the Magnaflow?

woody284

Reaction score
Been looking into the Mufflex here lately but def do not want drone or something that overly load. Just something that flows better and sounds good. Just don’t want to wake the neighbors. Little disappointed about the mufflex.

peewee86

Reaction score
I installed the Magnaflow 19493 Earlier this spring and now I have about 5000 miles on it. For me it’s just about perfect and I would do it again. I believe it’s slightly larger and slightly quieter than the Mufflex option. This is not first-hand knowledge but feedback from a vendor that sold both of them.

There is a slight drone at about 1600-1700 RPM. It’s not an RPM range that I find myself staying in for long periods of time. (Think top gear and 50 miles an hour.) By 1800 RPMs the drone is gone. A push of the tow haul button will move the engine from that RPM range.

In my younger years -25 years ago- I may have thought it’s too quiet, but at this point in my life I’m happy with it and have not felt the need for anything louder. It makes the Hemi sound like a Hemi. It’s hardly noticeable most of the time but you know it’s there when you get your foot into the throttle. On nice days around town I find myself opening the window so I can listen to the exhaust when accelerating from stoplights. I towed an 8000 pound trailer over 1000 miles round-trip back in August the sound was not bothersome. I still have the factory resonator in place. It took me about two hours to remove original factory muffler and additional twenty minutes to install the Magnaflow. I shopped around and I paid about $270 shipped to my doorstep. - PeeWee

Users who are viewing this thread