Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud clunk from rear of truck at low speeds

mustangguy289

Reaction score
I have a loud "clunk" at low speeds. It seems most prevalent on slight bumps, but sometimes i hear it on perfectly smooth concrete. You can feel it too. The sound is similar to a golf ball rolling around in the bed when it would hit the tail gate. I have checked all suspension components and they are all tight. I have checked main body mounts and they are all tight at 90 ft lbs. Truck has a 2" eibach level kit that included all 4 shocks.

Any ideas of what else I could check? It is driving me nuts. Truck has 47k miles on it.

GUNBUNNY2BG4U

Reaction score
You know I own a ram I also had a 1 ton Ford F-350 I had something similar when I brought it back to the dealership it took him a while but it ended up being the slip yoke with the rear drive shaft goes into the transfer case with not lubricated properly They grease the splines in that problem went away.

mustangguy289

Reaction score
I just noticed both rear sway bar links were loose. Tightened them up with some loctite,..let's see if that resolves it.

Users who are viewing this thread