Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Locking Lug nuts for PW 75A

twodoghill

Reaction score
I've tried to search the forum without success. I see some RAM OEM locking nuts which I suppose would work although there isn't much specific application information given. Also see some Gorilla lock lugs and have no idea if they would work. I need to have some intuitive super power or help from a forum member.....thanks

I took the truck with 5k miles on it to a local tire shop and I think they just jammed the lug nuts on with an air wrench. I ordered a split beam Precision torque wrench to redo the mounting and torque so I thought I'd put some locks on while I'm at it. Maybe some of you will tell me that the locks are a joke and just skip it and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that too.

Wobly

Reaction score
Well, I won't tell you that it is a good idea to get locking lugnuts or not. I know you can get the Mopar ones from the dealer or get aftermarket ones from Amazon or other places. But, somebody will have to be pretty dedicated to bring a jack big enough to steal the wheels from a 3+ ton truck.

twodoghill

Reaction score
Well, I won't tell you that it is a good idea to get locking lugnuts or not. I know you can get the Mopar ones from the dealer or get aftermarket ones from Amazon or other places. But, somebody will have to be pretty dedicated to bring a jack big enough to steal the wheels from a 3+ ton truck.
yeah it seems that the truck is sort of self protecting by its very bulk. And any determined pro thief would carry an assortment of lug keys. So it does seem like a waste of time.

twodoghill

Reaction score
actually a pair of vice grips and a rubber mallet (quieter) remove those locking lugs easily.
thanks, I agree they are useless (my brother got a locked lug off his Jeep spare tire with vice grips)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread