Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for good tires that won't break the bank.

chas0218

Reaction score
I'm looking for 325/60r20 or a 35x12.5r20 that is an A/T. I have 33x12.5r20 toyo open country R/T and would like a little quieter tire. I was looking at the Hankook dynapro atm but doesn't seem like it would work well in a muddy situation. I do probably 90% road driving with some dirt roads, the other 10% off road. The off road would be mud no rock crawling just slick mud. I also live in the snow belt so has to be decent in the snow.

flan

Reaction score
I don’t know that you are going to find a tire that size in this economy that isn’t going to break the bank but I don’t know the size of your bank, either... check out falken wildpeak AT3’s. We put them on a work truck and the pattern looks good for all conditions and balanced with little weight.

chas0218

Reaction score
I don’t know that you are going to find a tire that size in this economy that isn’t going to break the bank but I don’t know the size of your bank, either... check out falken wildpeak AT3’s. We put them on a work truck and the pattern looks good for all conditions and balanced with little weight.
Basically a cheap tire that isn't loud. I wouldn't mind only getting 30k out of a tire long as it isn't $400/ea. it's crazy what tires are going for when they were a 1/4 the price for the same tire. I wish i knew they were going to go thru the roof and I would've bought them prior. Hindsight is always 20/20. Lol

Last edited:

Jcrawford

Reaction score
I run falken at3s and they are pretty quite. Stock size tho. Toyo open country are quiet too but run the at not the rts lol

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I took a chance on the kanati armor hog atx. if you don't tow alot, it may be too much tire.

I've been really pleased with the 37's.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'm surprised that you consider the R/Ts to be loud. I ran them on my 4th gen and they were much quieter than the Falken Wildpeak's I replaced them with.

I don't know if it is the ANC in my '20 or if it's the tires, but my Kanati Trail Hog's have been extremely quiet, and they are a million times better than the R/Ts were in snow.

chas0218

Reaction score
I only compared the R/T to the stock transforce. I haven't ran 12.5 wide so maybe that's why they would be louder. They certianly aren't loud just louder than the stock wheels and tires. They don't bother me just a noticeable difference. I'll look into the Trail Hogs, and wildpeaks. I just saw geolander just discontinued their one tire and it was super cheap on tire rack.
I'm surprised that you consider the R/Ts to be loud. I ran them on my 4th gen and they were much quieter than the Falken Wildpeak's I replaced them with.

I don't know if it is the ANC in my '20 or if it's the tires, but my Kanati Trail Hog's have been extremely quiet, and they are a million times better than the R/Ts were in snow

woody284

Reaction score
Hercules terratrac ATx. Is probably when I’m going next. BiL has a pair and seems to like them.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The hancook dynapro ATM is actually a decent tire i have done pretty well with them in slick mud on my old 2wd truck

Reaction score
I would like to keep the stock wheels and would love to put the next size up for my truck. It now has 235 80 17 - 31.8 tall , 9.25 wide
From what I hear, 255 80 17 - 33" tall , 10" wide is the sweet spot. I do like the look of bigger tires and small lift, but don't want to create extra liability and maintenance. I am planning to do the oil change and filter in every 7500 miles. In Ram 3500 schedules, it also mentions about doing lubricate joints and drive shafts. Are you all doing that? For the fuel filter, I will do it on every 15k miles. Tire rotation depends on what dealer charges for each DRW rotation. Mopar sold me $99 oil change and filter and tire rotation. For DRW, they will likely charge extra for the full tire rotation
9C28AA7D-9EED-484E-B61F-7912E5F7F8CD_1_105_c.jpeg
9C28AA7D-9EED-484E-B61F-7912E5F7F8CD_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread