Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights on the front - Light Bar?

Bighorn

Reaction score
Anybody seen available or built mounts to support a LED light Bar or LED off road lights? Aside from the little license plate mounts, i have been looking for ideas. Ready to Fab something but it looks like places to mount are somewhat limited. On past trucks, mounts under the hooks are popular... I don't really want to drill holes in my bumper.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Well, I decided to fab my own light bar mount. I wanted to make sure I did not alter or modify truck. Bolt on only. Also easy to remove if something cooler is available later. The factory front hooks slide into a pocket that is 2". Just like a trailer hitch, held with 2 bolts each. I made my light bar unit slide in as one unit. I was also trying to follow some of the truck lines to make it look subtle and not affect sensors or cameras. Its my first attempt... have not seen any other examples to copy on the 2019 yet. Here is a single row 40" on the mount. It takes about 5-10 minutes to unbolt so I might modify it some more in the near future. This would also be a way to make a winch mount or larger brush guard type unit. Also, welded on new hooks with a clip vs. loop style on the factory hooks.383384

Ufoldfirst

Reaction score
Where did you get the fender flares?

Well, I decided to fab my own light bar mount. I wanted to make sure I did not alter or modify truck. Bolt on only. Also easy to remove if something cooler is available later. The factory front hooks slide into a pocket that is 2". Just like a trailer hitch, held with 2 bolts each. I made my light bar unit slide in as one unit. I was also trying to follow some of the truck lines to make it look subtle and not affect sensors or cameras. Its my first attempt... have not seen any other examples to copy on the 2019 yet. Here is a single row 40" on the mount. It takes about 5-10 minutes to unbolt so I might modify it some more in the near future. This would also be a way to make a winch mount or larger brush guard type unit. Also, welded on new hooks with a clip vs. loop style on the factory hooks.

Bighorn

Reaction score
The fender flares are factory Mopar flares i bought from the Dodge/Ram dealer for a 2018. There is another post i did on this forum that has the part number and details for easy installation.

Ufoldfirst

Reaction score
I like it! You have the best color too.
Billet Silver is new for '19, had it on my '18 Durango and could not imagine it being the bright silver.

RedBeard6111

Reaction score
Well, I decided to fab my own light bar mount. I wanted to make sure I did not alter or modify truck. Bolt on only. Also easy to remove if something cooler is available later. The factory front hooks slide into a pocket that is 2". Just like a trailer hitch, held with 2 bolts each. I made my light bar unit slide in as one unit. I was also trying to follow some of the truck lines to make it look subtle and not affect sensors or cameras. Its my first attempt... have not seen any other examples to copy on the 2019 yet. Here is a single row 40" on the mount. It takes about 5-10 minutes to unbolt so I might modify it some more in the near future. This would also be a way to make a winch mount or larger brush guard type unit. Also, welded on new hooks with a clip vs. loop style on the factory hooks.View attachment 383View attachment 384

What size rim and offset is that, and what size tire did you go for? I ordered the silver as well and now that I see those black rims I am definitely ditching the ugly stock 18". Glad I didn't waste my money on upgraded 20" rims.

Bighorn

Reaction score
In my opinion, the silver with the sport package (no chrome) and black wheels looks really good. The wheels are Fuel "Crush" with only one offset (for our bolt pattern) and are 20x9. The tires are 295x60x20 Nitto ridge grappler. They are advertised as 33.94 tall by 11.77 wide. Here is another view of them.448

retired.skidkid

Reaction score
In my opinion, the silver with the sport package (no chrome) and black wheels looks really good. The wheels are Fuel "Crush" with only one offset (for our bolt pattern) and are 20x9. The tires are 295x60x20 Nitto ridge grappler. They are advertised as 33.94 tall by 11.77 wide. Here is another view of them.View attachment 448
Very sharp. I notice you've either a lift or level. Which way did you go? I've gotta lose the standards ASAP. :)

Bighorn

Reaction score
Very sharp. I notice you've either a lift or level. Which way did you go? I've gotta lose the standards ASAP. :)
I went with a spacer in front, airbags in back and new shocks all around. Back in April when i did it, there was uncertainty on what would work or not. luckily what i did worked great with the 2019. Only issue was a modification to one of the airbag brackets.

Bighorn

Reaction score
I upgraded to a better light bar. The single row e-bay special just didn't work as i wanted. I put on a Rigid 40". Had these before and know they put out the light. Never had a 40" though. I just did a 1400 mile road trip through Washington, Idaho and Montana. This pic is on the Continental Divide (Rogers Pass). Very important to see deer and elk before its too late. 818

NWRAM

Reaction score
Check out the Royalty Core grilles with LED's integrated into them - 973

Westfield

Reaction score
You did an excellent job on this.

The factory front hooks slide into a pocket that is 2"

I took a quick peek and it looks like they're 2" wide but not high (maybe 1"). I'm guessing you used square tubing, what dimension/spec did you use?

HORam

Reaction score
Well, I decided to fab my own light bar mount. I wanted to make sure I did not alter or modify truck. Bolt on only. Also easy to remove if something cooler is available later. The factory front hooks slide into a pocket that is 2". Just like a trailer hitch, held with 2 bolts each. I made my light bar unit slide in as one unit. I was also trying to follow some of the truck lines to make it look subtle and not affect sensors or cameras. Its my first attempt... have not seen any other examples to copy on the 2019 yet. Here is a single row 40" on the mount. It takes about 5-10 minutes to unbolt so I might modify it some more in the near future. This would also be a way to make a winch mount or larger brush guard type unit. Also, welded on new hooks with a clip vs. loop style on the factory hooks.View attachment 383View attachment 384

This looks great. You should start making these mounts. I will be your first customer!

Bighorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the complement. Yea, the front hooks are held in with two bolts and the pocket they slide into is just like a trailer hitch. In fact if you take a hook out, a 2" trailer hitch ball mount will slide in. The bolt holes are not centered though... They are both lower in the insert of that makes sense. The material i used to replace the hooks i bought at a trailer parts place. Another thing to keep in mind: I have the front camera and sensors. I had to play around with where the light bar is to minimize the impact on the camera. even as I have it, on the camera it looks like i have a big Bambi Basher on the front. If you use the front camera you might want to think about that.

Distillusion

Reaction score
I upgraded to a better light bar. The single row e-bay special just didn't work as i wanted. I put on a Rigid 40". Had these before and know they put out the light. Never had a 40" though. I just did a 1400 mile road trip through Washington, Idaho and Montana. This pic is on the Continental Divide (Rogers Pass). Very important to see deer and elk before its too late. View attachment 818
Haha! No kidding, I nearly hit a moose at night in a pass in Big Horn National Forest in Wyoming this summer. He was just cruising down the center of my lane, away from me, and I hadn't added a light bar yet.

Westfield

Reaction score
@Bighorn When you have a chance can you share a photo showing the detail of how you did the integrated tow hooks?

Users who are viewing this thread