Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leveling kit or bigger coil spring

jacobstilwell

Reaction score
I have an 06 2wd and I have a 3.5 inch lift and a 2.5 inch leveling kit on my truck with lift shocks, It does not ride good at all with the leveling kit but I want it to sit the way it is right now... a guy told me it would be smoother with a 2.5 inch lifted coil spring I need to know if this is true I just don't see how the lifted spring would make it smoother... he said it doesn't have enough downward suspension travel....

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
So you stacked a 3.5" lift on top of a 2.5" leveling kit for a total lift of 6"?

In general, if for instance you had a 2.5" spacer and replaced that with a 2.5" lift coil you would absolutely get a better ride. But depending on how you stacked the lift + level, that may not be a viable option. You'd likely be better off looking for a 6" lift coil.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The biggest issue is its a 2wd for 6” lift you need different a arms and more, you putting the spacer is really screwing your suspention angles and will be the leading cause of a harsh ride best to buy a 6” lift and only use the frontend parts keep the back where it is

Users who are viewing this thread