Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Level Quesiton

unpaulie

Reaction score
Having the Carli level kit installed next week and was wondering on headlight adjustment. Will I need to adjust my headlights? Does anyone know how? I have the LED Reflectors.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know the process to adjust if you did, but if you don't squat the truck you will be fine.

The headlights are made to use the rake to keep them right when loaded.

So essentially you used the rake's position with the level.

You squat the bed and the headlights will point up.

I thought one of the headlight options may adjust automatically, but not sure.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Can vary for to what degree level your are getting. As far as the "need" to adjust the light throw, that depends. Some municipalities enforce laws requiring you to adjust beam. So there may be an actual need in your area.

If you put enough payload on her, your lights will point higher and can cause low light blind spots, and disrupt oncoming traffic. Don't be that ******* that blinds every body. These LED are no joke and can easily cause distraction to cause an incident when shining into another driver's eyes.

Just my 2 cents.

jkempken

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the process is the same as the 4th gens but I had to adjust my 2016 1500 when i installed LED's in the low beams. There is a small adjustment screw (7mm) on the headlight housing sunken in a hole in the fender on either side. Find a level surface in front of a garage door and park the front of your truck 25 feet from the door. Measure from the ground to the middle of your headlight. Subtract 2 -2.5 inches from that and put a mark a piece of tape at that height in front of each head light. Now using the 7mm socket and extension adjust the headlights up and down to be level with those tape lines. I forget which way goes up and which way goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread