Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dieselbeef

Reaction score
they don't know what weight oil yer using......once its out of the bottle it could be anything..or ou could be mixing diff weights even...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
they don't know what weight oil yer using......once its out of the bottle it could be anything..or ou could be mixing diff weights even...
You need proof of oil changes so the receipts would tell them also oil analisis would tell them if they sent a sample off for testing

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So what if you change your own oil as I’m sure most people do? What kind of proof will the dealer accept?
Oil and filter purchase receipts they are dated... plus filling out the maintenance section in the owners manual helps ensure warranty coverage should you need it

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's probably an oil change thread if you guys want to argue over there instead of the regen thread.

DevinS

banned
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, thought I'd update on here.

The dealer kicked it into stationary regen the day after my update post. Since then it has been running normally, my DPF level just kicked up to an 1/8 after some more cold mornings and idling. I'm hoping to see if kick into regen soon when it gets to 1/4 and bring that down to indicate that it's back working properly.
Glad I found this. Mine just did this and I’m frustrated as I’m in the middle of no where and have to keep driving it. Do you have to pay for the service or did the warranty cover it? I’m sick of calling “service mechanics” that can barely say the work diesel particulate filter let alone know what it is or what I should do. My guess would be the idling because I idle mine a lot. I was going to rip the filter out and pressure wash it and see if that helps. I feel like a recall is coming because it’s not happening to a ton of people and sounds like some software issue maybe? I’m ordering my delete this week, going back home to slc to tow my 2nd gen back with me since I’m in a small town currently and this POS can sit in the garage deleted with a replaced cp3 to get that garbage cp4 out of there then I’m tuning the hell outta her and a S464 and 80 % over injectors. My 2nd gen doesn’t even know what oil, oil changes, diff fluid etc even is. She just loves to run loud as hell to set off car alarms and leave that beautiful black DPM right where it belongs. On the side of the Prius next to her and on the ground. DPM is meant for the ground, not for 1,100 degree DPF then hosed down with ammonia that’s killing everything on the sides of the highways. I live up in Tahoe Nevada and the trees and bushes were everywhere, trimmed of course. But now everything on the side of the roads is dead dead. The crap coming out of our tailpipes now is poison to vegetation. NOx CO and dpm help vegetation.

DevinS

banned
Reaction score
Also wanted to mention this because there a lot of lucky ones in here that aren’t doing regens every time you turn your head. When the error comes up that says keep driving regen in progress get her up to 2000 rpms and drive as long as is needed. Otherwise you get an error. You might get that error anyways but when I hit 25% or so it went to regen mode so I drove it on the highway and turned around and went back all was find except this one said to keep driving right when I got stuck behind a semi going about 35-40 anc it popped up a message saying way to spend $80k dumbass and told me to go to a dealer. So I found some other possible issues. DEF is horrible for your vehicle and the environment. It crystallizes and will gunk up the sprayer and so your def system doesn’t function properly. I’m told it’s an $8,000 repair but if you come across it. Just remove your def nozzle and clean it out and you should be fine.
Also, if you have the ‘20 get rid of it and change to a 19 or 21 where they used the cp3 pumps but in 20 they went to cp4 which has issues starting at 10,000 miles. When you notice the issue you’re $20,000 in on repairs

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I found this. Mine just did this and I’m frustrated as I’m in the middle of no where and have to keep driving it. Do you have to pay for the service or did the warranty cover it? I’m sick of calling “service mechanics” that can barely say the work diesel particulate filter let alone know what it is or what I should do. My guess would be the idling because I idle mine a lot. I was going to rip the filter out and pressure wash it and see if that helps. I feel like a recall is coming because it’s not happening to a ton of people and sounds like some software issue maybe? I’m ordering my delete this week, going back home to slc to tow my 2nd gen back with me since I’m in a small town currently and this POS can sit in the garage deleted with a replaced cp3 to get that garbage cp4 out of there then I’m tuning the hell outta her and a S464 and 80 % over injectors. My 2nd gen doesn’t even know what oil, oil changes, diff fluid etc even is. She just loves to run loud as hell to set off car alarms and leave that beautiful black DPM right where it belongs. On the side of the Prius next to her and on the ground. DPM is meant for the ground, not for 1,100 degree DPF then hosed down with ammonia that’s killing everything on the sides of the highways. I live up in Tahoe Nevada and the trees and bushes were everywhere, trimmed of course. But now everything on the side of the roads is dead dead. The crap coming out of our tailpipes now is poison to vegetation. NOx CO and dpm help vegetation.

Rolling coal... It's crap like this that's brought the wrath of the EPA down on diesel tuners and owners and put everyone in the predicament we're in now with emissions.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Also wanted to mention this because there a lot of lucky ones in here that aren’t doing regens every time you turn your head. When the error comes up that says keep driving regen in progress get her up to 2000 rpms and drive as long as is needed. Otherwise you get an error. You might get that error anyways but when I hit 25% or so it went to regen mode so I drove it on the highway and turned around and went back all was find except this one said to keep driving right when I got stuck behind a semi going about 35-40 anc it popped up a message saying way to spend $80k dumbass and told me to go to a dealer. So I found some other possible issues. DEF is horrible for your vehicle and the environment. It crystallizes and will gunk up the sprayer and so your def system doesn’t function properly. I’m told it’s an $8,000 repair but if you come across it. Just remove your def nozzle and clean it out and you should be fine.
Also, if you have the ‘20 get rid of it and change to a 19 or 21 where they used the cp3 pumps but in 20 they went to cp4 which has issues starting at 10,000 miles. When you notice the issue you’re $20,000 in on repairs

Well, you're wrong about that too.

Both 19 and 20 trucks use a CP4 pump.

Plenty of 19-20 trucks here with 30K, 60K, 100K on their CP4 still going strong. Not denying they're not an issue, just not what you profess.

Your posts are starting to get a bit trollish and that's not going to go well here.

Dwilly

Reaction score
I have 30,000km on my truck now in 9 months. 1 oil change and 1 filter change. Does a regen about every 3rd tank of fuel. 90% hwy cruising with no load(other than my 37 inch ridge grapplers). DPF has never shown anything other than a 0%. I don't even need the message to know its happening. I just watch my mileage take a huge crap.

Users who are viewing this thread