Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

carlrx7

Reaction score
beautiful Cardinal! I've been eyeballing those Cedar Creeks. Can't find any with a propane fridge. :(

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Great pics of truck AND Jeep. Gotta love those action pics. Thanks for sharing.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Finally got 600 miles on her now, so I hooked up my small backhoe on my 16 foot trailer. I just had 2 new 8k axles with electric brakes put on about a month and a half ago and was getting ready to take it for a spin to burnish the brakes in for better stopping power before I have to get on the road with it in the near future.. The trailer ways approx 3+k and the tractor weighs about 10k. BTW, I got approximately 10.8 mpg with it loaded driving some country roads and city streets.

20200505_101743.jpg20200505_101612.jpg

Attachments

• Hitch Toung Weight.jpg
    Hitch Toung Weight.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200505_101712.jpg
    20200505_101712.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200505_101642.jpg
    20200505_101642.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200505_101809.jpg
    20200505_101809.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

@JC

Reaction score
Just a little Lightning 14x7 dual axle, 6" extra height for the RZR inside. Handles well, gas mileage was... ok.

24b5b4ac860de418b430ed27d43190bd.jpg

carlrx7

Reaction score
Finally got 600 miles on her now, so I hooked up my small backhoe on my 16 foot trailer. I just had 2 new 8k axles with electric brakes put on about a month and a half ago and was getting ready to take it for a spin to burnish the brakes in for better stopping power before I have to get on the road with it in the near future.. The trailer ways approx 3+k and the tractor weighs about 10k. BTW, I got approximately 10.8 mpg with it loaded driving some country roads and city streets.

I see you kept the Weight Safe hitch.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I see you kept the Weight Safe hitch.

Only until I received the Return Label and RMA number. They were slow in getting them to me, I am sending it back this morning. It is a very nice unit but just had to much looseness between each component of the system which add up to a ton of looseness, That is why I am now considering on going with a One Piece unit with only one pin to attach it to my truck and no adjustable components. I'm going to us my old one until I get the refund. I'm still looking hard at the Curt unit with a 20k weight limit for safety. I have a bad habit of overloading my equipment. Thanks for asking

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score

View attachment 4362View attachment 4367

Great!! Want to haul it to Texas? I need a whole dug, 40x35 and about 7.5-8 ft deep for a pool.
59fb1471926a12384054b38495a4cf2e.png

Next project to work on.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

orlando bull

Reaction score
Yours like mine. You enjoying your OpenRange!
2a92e4c85fdb6d834b116be73214a34b.jpg

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
I love it. Haven't had it very long though. It's just under 42' and 14,500# loaded for camping. Truck handles it really well.

Bigred6.7

Reaction score
Getting the trailer (22ft car trailer 5k axles) washed and waxed for the summer. Current use is to move our belongings from state to state. Next move is OH to UT. Then hopefully time to fill it with toys!
473cdc0ee088a2e0bca4b764e4599cf3.jpg

Was hopeful of getting the ttpms figured out in time but doesn’t look to be the case with back ordered parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heloguy

Reaction score
There were several recalls and major engine work required before 30k miles. I found a leak coming from the front of the engine around the crank seal and took it to a RAM dealer nearby, not where I purchased it. They allegedly fixed it. They treated me well provided loaner car etc. Within 2000 miles it was leaking again, I called them and let them know and got an attitude from them. No loaner car, perhaps wouldn’t be covered etc. I was shocked because we bought a 2016 Challenger RT from this place and I thought we had a good relationship. I was unhappy and called the dealer I bought from about 40 miles away. The GM called me back and said bring it to him, he had diesel techs and that was all they did, my loaner car would be waiting. In the interim I also called FCA Regional Manager and they provided their contact info and asked to keep them informed.

The second repair went well. It was explained to me they had to take the front of the engine off to make the repairs, it was extensive and I was without my truck for about 45 days total between the 2 repairs. Somewhere along the way one of the dealerships damaged the back of the cab. I don’t know how but the cab had definitely impacted the corners of the bed at some point. It was significant enough to cause dents and remove paint down to the metal. I knew I wouldn’t be able to prove it so I bought some touch up paint and told myself I could live with it. I lost confidence in the reliability of the truck at this point. I had paid the big bucks and bought an expensive truck, loaded with options and was happy that I had gotten a good deal. I had high expectations for the Cummins engine that is perceived as bulletproof but in the end it just had too many problems. It also had lots of small issues like the belt buckle popping off the seat back which required the entire seat cover to be replaced. The replacement matched up perfectly. 3 of the 4 fender flares had to be replaced, they were coming off and the vinyl wrap around the door pillars had to be replaced and wrinkled again as soon as they installed them.

It was a cumulative affect , I got frustrated and had been thinking of trading but waiting for the right time...Shortly after the second repair I went out one morning and started it up and the low coolant light came on. The water pump also had to be replaced due to recall shortly after buying it new. At this point I had enough. I was paying big bucks for it and not sure the truck was tow worthy so I was able to work out a trade.

I would like to say that FCA Customer Service was very helpful, they kept me loyal to the brand. I will call them a little sooner in the future if I ever have a problem. I have the 6.4 Hemi in the new truck and have towed twice with 2 different trailers, 6500 lbs and 9100 lbs. It did well towing both but there is a distinct difference between the 2 engines. You can hear the Hemi rev a little higher whereas the diesel just lugged along, no strain. Because of the lighter weight the Hemi has more cargo capability by almost a 1000 lbs and only slightly less towing - 2900 lbs over my previous truck. Hopefully the gas motor will perform and do what I need it to over time. I prefer it’s responsiveness over the diesel. Press the gas pedal and the Hemi reacts VERY quick. The new 8 speed tranny gets it done. The diesel took a long time for the turbo to spool up and get the truck into the RPM range to move the heavier weight. I loved everything about the old truck, I wish it would’ve worked out, I would’ve still been driving it. I’m also very happy with the big Hemi and looking forward to a better experience with this one.

What sorta leak? Oil or coolant?

Users who are viewing this thread