Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Not sure you know this but there is someone in the trailer and someone kneeling behind your truck ;)
Yeah, that was my son-in law putting a spreader tube on the sliding door for safety towing it to his campground, don’t trust the cheap hardware to keep it closed. The guy behind the truck was from the rv dealership, they just bought it and I was hauling it for them.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you know you lost the camber ? Inspection or you will know when it happens on the road?

Tire wear, then follow up inspection by my RV guy.

Tires were coming due for replacement on time anyway, but the last summer they started quickly wearing poorly on the inside edge on just the rear axle.

RV guy is one of my oldest friends, ex business partner, hunting buddy. He retired early and started a RV repair/storage business. When I can throw work his way, esp warranty stuff, I do so. RV was getting other insurance and warranty work done and I asked him to take a look and we also welded in spring hanger braces.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Just finished a long trip with the TT.

ID-UT-NM-TX-NM-AZ-NV-ID

27 days, 5964 miles, 682 gallons of gas.

Spent a couple great days in Moab, trail riding in San Antonio, on the beach at Matagorda, exploring the desert near Sedona. One leaky trailer window, one out of gas from pushing wind in west Texas (always carry a spare Jerry!), one flat trailer tire from a screw on a mountain road (plug kit FTW).

All in all a great trip, but not without its challenges.

IMG_7653.jpegIMG_3380.jpegIMG_8346.jpeg

Gofast23

Reaction score
Just finished a long trip with the TT.

ID-UT-NM-TX-NM-AZ-NV-ID

27 days, 5964 miles, 682 gallons of gas.

Spent a couple great days in Moab, trail riding in San Antonio, on the beach at Matagorda, exploring the desert near Sedona. One leaky trailer window, one out of gas from pushing wind in west Texas (always carry a spare Jerry!), one flat trailer tire from a screw on a mountain road (plug kit FTW).

All in all a great trip, but not without its challenges.
How do you carry your Jerry cans? I'm planning a long trip this summer and have similar concerns regarding potential for being low on fuel at inopportune times. I would like to be able to securely store at least two 20L cans, but they need to fit under a tonneau cover.

Users who are viewing this thread